By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

wtf kinda scam is this a game thats not even full and is like a demo being sold for 40 dollars, what is sony thinking and to top it off a year later i have to pay 70 dollars again.  so i pay 110 dollars for 1 racing game,  and i can throw my demo away, and it doesnt even have any re-sale value.  Who else is pissed?

sorry if this has been discussed before im jus so pissed 

Around the Network
JPSandhu said:

wtf kinda scam is this a game thats not even full and is like a demo being sold for 40 dollars, what is sony thinking and to top it off a year later i have to pay 70 dollars again. so i pay 110 dollars for 1 racing game, and i can throw my demo away, and it doesnt even have any re-sale value. Who else is pissed?

Im as far from pissed about my purchase of the prologue as I could possibly be; its brilliant, and has more to it than quite a lot of full games. Its NOT a demo for christ sake, have you played the game or are you just 'pissed' because of what youve heard?

Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned for Sega. - Jason Lee, Mallrats.

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

a demo to me is anything that is not the full version and i'm sure prologue is not full, and yes iv played the game at a friends house and decided to get it untill i saw 40 bucks. btw best buy is having a sale most games there are 25 or 40 bucks, i jus picked up PGR 4 for my 360 instead and will get GT5 next year when the full version is out

JPSandhu said:
a demo to me is anything that is not the full version and i'm sure prologue is not full

Of course prologue isnt full, but its not as if youre getting a 10 minute taster of the game like most demo's. The prologue has kept me going for weeks now, obviously not playing it every day, but its kept me interested longer than quite a large amount of games ive bought for the full price. You can buy the prologue for £18 over here, compared to £40-50 for a full game so I class that as pretty decent value for money.

Like I said before, have you actually bought and played it or are you just annoyed because of what youve heard/read?

http://theaveragejoe.sportsblognet.com/ - Mainly American Football, snippets of Basketball, European Football and Hockey. 

Good luck with PGR4 then.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Around the Network
Gazz said:
Good luck with PGR4 then.

Thats what I was thinking...I have to say I hated it compared to PGR3 which I thought was brilliant.

In my opinion GT5: P ranks way above it, but the original poster has no interest in the game or PS3 at all. Other then trashing it of course. Good luck with your 360 mr OP.

PSN name: Gazz1979 (feel free to add me, but please put your Vgchartz name in the message!)

Battlefield 2: Gazz1979

Looks like Sony was right, most North Americans don't get it. No wonder they never brought it to NA before.

But i love the game, best thing i have bought in a long time. I'm trying to get my trophies in S right now and its becoming a pain, 3golds and 1bronze so far.

JPSandhu said:

wtf kinda scam is this a game thats not even full and is like a demo being sold for 40 dollars, what is sony thinking and to top it off a year later i have to pay 70 dollars again. so i pay 110 dollars for 1 racing game, and i can throw my demo away, and it doesnt even have any re-sale value. Who else is pissed?

You sir, go on my top 10 dumbest users list. First off, this has been discussed many, many, MANY times. Secondly, it may be a "demo", but it is the biggest demo you will find, and if you looked into it, you'd find there is plenty to do with the game and it is well worth that $40.

If you're so pissed, simply don't buy the damn game, who said you have to buy prologue and GT5? GTP:P was released because they knew the full game was going to take longer to develope, so this is kind of like an apetizer, but no one said you had to get it.

So calm down, its just a game, a game you do NOT have to buy.

Who else is pissed?

Normally I hate people who say this but in this case its simply true.

You don't like it? Don't buy it!

I think its nice. I would have hated to wait till 2009. And it was really worth the money. 60 awesome cars. 6 tracks. Pretty fair. Yes this won't work for other games but for the awesomeness that is GT it is ok.