By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - New Earthworm Jim Animated Series

I honestly didn't realize this was coming, but I'm pretty excited to see this, especially since it doesn't look like it's gonna be a massive disappointment like Sonic Boom or Mega Man Fully Charged. Here's the trailer, which is done as a quirky interview with Earthworm Jim himself.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                 Now, from what I've gathered from this, and Variety, the new Earthworm Jim will have Jim and some new allies traveling across the galaxy, interacting and/or fighting other anthropomorphic animals (including what looks to the be the race Psycrow is from), having outlandishly perilous adventures, all while trying to get to Earth, which to pretty much everyone in the galaxy is a myth and has the best dirt out there. Honestly I like the voice they've picked out for Jim, I don't really know what to think of the new supporting characters yet, but the trailer gives me the impression that the show is gonna strike the same sort of tone or at least close to it as the games it's based on.

Around the Network

This is funny. It could turn out pretty good.

If only a new game was coming out. And no that one Tommy announced is never getting made, hate to break it to you. Nothing has been done on that.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

If only a new game was coming out. And no that one Tommy announced is never getting made, hate to break it to you. Nothing has been done on that.

Maybe if this show succeeds it'll bring in enough interest to get a new game.

Not Dan Castellaneta doing the voice, but it seems ok so far.

Around the Network
KLXVER said:

Not Dan Castellaneta doing the voice, but it seems ok so far.

Yeah, Dan was excellent as Jim in the 90s series, but I'm willing to give this new actor a chance. I just hope Jim and company run into as many of the characters from the games as possible. It'd be nice to see the return of the dynamic between Earthworm Jim and Peter Puppy.