By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amy Hennig, former Naughty Dog veteran and Uncharted creator, is working on a AAA Marvel Game

Now knowing that Amy Hennig is running it took me from zero to no interest to intrigued.

Around the Network

Hoping we get a hero/series that hasn't been done to death. Something like Blade would be amazing.

trunkswd said:

is it bad I still know Amy Hennig best as the writer from the Legacy of Kain series? It is a very underrated series with fantastic writing. 

Not at all! I think the same thing. It's one of my favorite series and I've always hoped that she would return to it and either reboot it or finish the story. 

shikamaru317 said:

Based on a leak from a year and a half ago that is now looking like it's true (because the leaker knew about the upcoming Wolverine game more than a year in advance of it's announcement), it seems that there is an open world AAA Daredevil game in development. There is a possibility that Amy Hennig's team is on this Daredevil game, however the leaker mentioned at the time that the game was aiming for release in late 2021 or 2022 (likely 2023 now as this leak was pre-Covid pandemic), while Amy Hennig only started building this new team in 2019, so it seems unlikely that her studio would be aiming to release a game as soon as 2022 or 2023. So the Daredevil game may be by an unknown studio with Amy Hennig working on something else.

I could see it being the rumored DareDevil game (or at least said game existing) seeing how he's confirmed to exist in Marvel's Spidey universe from the first game and Wolverine is confirmed to be connected while forming their own shared gaming universe. Even if it's not, I could see him being featured as an NPC, Easter egg or DLC in Marvel's Spider-Man 2 (I was hoping we'd get a DareDevil DLC for the first Sony Spider-Man game, but it sadly didn't happen).

An open-world Punisher game would be cool, and since Marvel's Wolverine will supposedly be M-rated (probably with minimal, if any Spider-Man references for obvious reasons much like how the Netfllix shows were treated), they'll be allowed to keep Frank as violent and badass as he needs to be to do right by the character. He also has some "history" with both Spidey and Wolverine in the comics (and DareDevil, too!), so he'd fit right in. Don't know if they'd have the guts to tackle such heavy subject matter with his recent "controversy", though. 

Last edited by KManX89 - on 05 November 2021