By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Help with Android Notification Bar

I know it is a silly question to post here, but it is driving me crazy. I tried XDA Forums, Xiaomi forums, Reddit, everything, but no one has come up with a solution.

About 4 days ago I noticed my Mi9 Android phone stopped letting me slide down the notification bar. I thought it was a glitch and tried everything, from restarting to soft resetting. Then I noticed it could not be a hardware problem, since the notification bar was working: it just would not allow me to slide it down when using an application. any application. It works on the home screen, and it's a nightmare, because everything that I need to do I must now minimize whatever app I'm using to go to the Home Screen and slide the bar down.

On Sunday I thought of redoing everything, so I tried a factory reset. Nothing. Still the same. I really don't know what the heck is going on.

Any help is appreciated.

Around the Network

are you using a screenprotector?

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

kirby007 said:

are you using a screenprotector?

Nope, I removed the one I had months ago...

You using a custom launcher?
If you are, deactivate it. If you aren't, try downloading/using the Nova Launcher.

Also, which version of Android are you running?

d21lewis said:

If you are, deactivate it. If you aren't, try downloading/using the Nova Launcher.

No, the launcher is the one that comes with Android 11. Currently using MIUI 12,5, the latest one. I might give the Nova Launcher a try.

Around the Network
farlaff said:
d21lewis said:

No, the launcher is the one that comes with Android 11. Currently using MIUI 12,5, the latest one. I might give the Nova Launcher a try.

Indeed, I would suggest the Nova Launcher that might help the situation. It's what I am using atm.

Yutilk said:
farlaff said:

Indeed, I would suggest the Nova Launcher that might help the situation. It's what I am using atm.

It did not work, but I found a workaround. It can be read here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/qdo0yq/notification_bar_not_sliding_down_on_miui_here_is/

I want to thank you and everybody who took the time to write in here. :)

farlaff said:
Yutilk said:

It did not work, but I found a workaround. It can be read here:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Xiaomi/comments/qdo0yq/notification_bar_not_sliding_down_on_miui_here_is/

I want to thank you and everybody who took the time to write in here. :)

I'm glad to hear you found a solution :)