By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - If you could only choose ONE THING - what is more important to you?

Whats more important to you? Choose one thing from these options

Anime/Manga 7 17.95%

Dance 1 2.56%

Drawing 2 5.13%

Sing 2 5.13%

Meditate/yoga 0 0%

sleeping in 8 20.51%

read books/newspaper 10 25.64%

sports 5 12.82%

theater 1 2.56%

I can not decide 3 7.69%

Total:39
Jpcc86 said:

Movies for me. Much more than videogames or music in general. I know you didnt include them in the poll because you think they are more "standard", but I'd contest that. Cinephiles who are passionate about it are not really the norm. I cant really talk about films in general - in the way I wanna talk about films - with the average person.

Of the poll... sports I guess. Im a huge fan of football (soccer) and tennis. However, ever since I had back surgery due to a herniated disc I had to adjust a lof of my physicall activities - by which I mean the only excercise I can do is from cardio/swimming/cycling now. Cant play most sports anymore. Forever. Im doomed.
Dont care much for theatre or meditation. Havent drawn for years. I read only sporadically. Im not much of a singer or dancer and the only Anime I watch is One Piece because I started watching it 20 years ago and by god I will watch Luffy become pirate king in my lifetime. And Ill sleep when I die. 

Very true. I used to be a cinephile but slowly 'lost' it over time. We all moved on with our lives (kids), not much time anymore to go to the cinema ad not even much time anymore to talk about movies. I built my own home theater, my friends did as well, yet now it hardly ever gets used anymore. I used to sit down, watch the whole movie, the end credits, the extras, multiple times. I watched the extended edition of LotR twice, right after each other, second time with director's commentary.

Nowadays it takes me days to watch a movie and hardly ever get to the extras anymore. I still treasure my movie collection, but don't add much to it anymore. Maybe after the kids move out I can get back into it. Heck I don't even know anymore what my favorite directors are working on. I hope they're still alive and making new movies :)