By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sony and Nintendo Metacritic Prediction League?

Would you be interested in a Sony or Nintendo metacritic prediction league?

Yes, Sony 0 0%

Yes, Nintendo 0 0%

Yes, Both 4 66.67%

No 2 33.33%

Total:6

I rly like the Xbox metacritic prediction league and was wondering if anybody would be interested if I started one of either and or both of the other 2 big three's exclusives. I would likely use the same format as the xbox league does unless y'all have any suggestions and/or the creator of that wouldnt want me too

Around the Network

I’d be down to give some predictions :P

Open critic over meta tho

Ryuu96 said:

I'm only here to say it would be nice if we did have a thread for all 3 console manufacturers again, heck I think back in the day we used to have one for multiplatform releases too, nowadays it feels like only Xbox gets one, however, it is a little late in the year to do one for Sony/Nintendo now isn't it? Lol.

Also I was at a time considering a reward system, something like gifting the Top 3 with Supporter - Bronze, Silver, Gold. I never got around to that idea but I thought it would be better than just a "yay you won" and encourage more to get involved, Lol.

However!

Opencritic > Metacritic, sorry Shika

Oh yeah dw Sony absolutely wont start til 2022 if I do that one. I think I might do a very brief one for the last 5 or so Nintendo exclusives of the year just so I can test out the system and all the formatting shit with the website since I'm not too familiar with it. And will def give opencritic a look!

Ryuu96 said:

Reasons why I prefer Opencritic

• Layout is a lot nicer.
  • They combine the platforms for one overall score, rather than Meta's approach of having a separate score for Xbox One, Xbox Series, PC, etc.
  • They seem to update faster than Meta.
  • They seem to have a decent criteria for reviewers being allowed on there.
  • I don't believe they have any of that stupid weighting stuff that Metacritic has but I'm not 100% on that.

And I'm sure VGChartz would prefer us to use them because VGChartz is actually on Opencritic but not Metacritic, Opencritic is popular enough nowadays too.

I don't think I would post in a Nintendo/Sony league, but I think I would participate in a 3rd Party League for Multiplatforms, which is also where Opencritic would come into handy more as instead of picking whatever platform has the most reviewers, Opencritic will just combine all the reviews into one.

Good to know, if I'm able to get a good grasp on setting this stuff up I might attempt a third party league as well next year. This site does look quite nice for that and seems to accumulate a bit more reviews so thank you for the suggestion

It wasnt working for me yesterday but the calender feature on opencritic seems rly cool as well. Hope some more people see this thread as well as I'd love to know if people would be interested