By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony Tier List (First Party)

dx11332sega said:

What I think of them recently?

Sony S Tier super Large overwelming.

What's your list guys?

S Tier: Naughty Dog , Santa Monica Studios, Housemarque , Sucker Punch Productions , Insomniac Games , Media Molecule, Team Asobi , Guerilla Games , San DIego Studios

A Tier Polyphony DIgital (most realistic racing sim)

C tier : Bend Studios , London Studios, Pixelopus

Unproven Tier list: Nixxes , San Mateo ,Malaysia Studio, 

I think Concrete Genie, and Days Gone are pretty decent tbh.
Like, I dont think Nintendo can make games like those, even if they tried.
(granted Nintendo does things, Sony studios cant do either)

Still, think Bend Studios (days gone+syphon filter) and Pixelopus (first big game, Concrete genie), are A ranked atleast.
Both of them have potential to grow too, esp Pixelopus.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:

Still, think Bend Studios (days gone+syphon filter) are A ranked atleast.

Tbf going from their recent game/s Days Gone didn't review all that well (in comparison to their top studio's) and commercially didn't sell as well as expected for them as a AAA game. I'm going to guess that's one of the reasons why the sequel wasn't green lit. And UC Golden Abyss, which suffered the same fate; though that was a more budget orientated game on Vita so take that as you will.

hinch said:
JRPGfan said:

Still, think Bend Studios (days gone+syphon filter) are A ranked atleast.

Tbf going from their recent game/s Days Gone didn't review all that well (in comparison to their top studio's) and commercially didn't sell as well as expected for them as a AAA game. I'm going to guess that's one of the reasons why the sequel wasn't green lit. And UC Golden Abyss, which suffered the same fate; though that was a more budget orientated game on Vita so take that as you will.

Your confusing review scores with quality of production.
Bends of more than capable of makeing big AAA games.

Days Gone was basically branded sexist by reviewers in a cirkle jerk, and alot of them then went onto give it less scores, not because of its quality, but because of political correctness or their own personal political views and such. 

Yeah they are capable of making a AAA game but how well they are received is a bit part of big part of how good a studio is, no? I'm just going from their recent games and output. The other stuff is fluff, its either the game does well and sells or not. There was a tonne of controversy towards TLOU 2 and a massive leak of the story but the game still sold several millions.

Like a publisher wouldn't put one of their top studio/s on (TLOU) remake instead of making a new game from the get go.

Last edited by hinch - on 25 August 2021

JRPGfan said:
hinch said:

Your confusing review scores with quality of production.
Bends of more than capable of makeing big AAA games.

Days Gone was basically branded sexist by reviewers in a cirkle jerk, and alot of them then went onto give it less scores, not because of its quality, but because of political correctness or their own personal political views and such. 

I`m plenty sure they are capable of doing AAA. I guess like Sucker Punch they still need some investment on increasing the team to iron out the details and deliver a very solid product (I liked Days Gone a lot, but there are plenty of faults and bugs or at least were on the original plus the BS fuel for the bike, and for me if SP had the budget Ghost could have been even better than TLOU2, love the concept, gameplay and ambience, all perfect and creative, but on the small details they missed, like you floating through steps and the like).

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."