By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - Several US states are banning High End gaming PCs including California my State.

The best solution is to buy individual pieces and assemble your own PC.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Well that sucks.

Sort of but not really...

What they are banning are some prebuilt PCs that use too much power during inactive usage that have not gotten certified to be used in Califorina and other States under the new regulation. This is NOT a ban on high end PCs. The OEMs such as Dell Alienware just needs to make a few minor adjustments to get certified under the new regulations and then they will be on sale again. You can still build a PC with high end components and you can still buy plenty of high end gaming PCs that are prebuilt. It's just the ones that are banned need to get certified for use under the new regulation which I doubt will take very long.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CaptainExplosion said:
Captain_Yuri said:

Sort of but not really...

What they are banning are some prebuilt PCs that use too much power during inactive usage that have not gotten certified to be used in Califorina and other States under the new regulation. This is NOT a ban on high end PCs. The OEMs such as Dell Alienware just needs to make a few minor adjustments to get certified under the new regulations and then they will be on sale again. You can still build a PC with high end components and you can still buy plenty of high end gaming PCs that are prebuilt. It's just the ones that are banned need to get certified for use under the new regulation which I doubt will take very long.

Still incredibly stupid. They focus their strategy on gaming PCs, but not bigger polluters like oil, which just recently set part of the ocean on fire.

Technically PC is just one of the sections in a large list of things that it's covering but yea, there are certainly larger things they need to focus on.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

CaptainExplosion said:

Still incredibly stupid. They focus their strategy on gaming PCs, but not bigger polluters like oil, which just recently set part of the ocean on fire.

What's hilariously stupid to me, is how they are putting focus on just prebuilt PC's, and not the Miners who have GPU server farms that actually drain a load more power, have also caused a power grid outages as well (Like Arabia for example). 

Just another bunch of old fogies who don't know how shit works as per usual. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I've been saying for a long time that it was a matter of time until absurd 300W GPUs were taken a look at by regulators, especially with crypto.

haxxiy said:

I've been saying for a long time that it was a matter of time until absurd 300W GPUs were taken a look at by regulators, especially with crypto.

Ironically those are exempt. (Watch Jayztwocents video I linked above)

Last edited by Jizz_Beard_thePirate - on 30 July 2021