By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Dead Space Remake announced

Dead Space Remake Announced for Next-Gen Consoles and PC

Dead Space is returning, over 10 years after the game’s original release. An upcoming remake was announced yesterday at EA Play Live 2021, where a teaser trailer reveals the dimly lit USG Ishimura. The sci-fi horror classic will only be released on the PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, so it should be a fairly substantial upgrade over the original from a technical standpoint.

The remake aims at harnessing next-gen consoles and the Frostbite game engine to improve visuals and other gameplay elements while highlighting the original story. Motive Studios’ new version of Dead Space will followf the storyline of the original game.

[SOURCE]

Well, color me shocked, not only did EA NOT leave Dead Space in the gutter like all the other studios and franchises they've acquired and eventually killed off, they give us a pretty damn awesome-looking (or, should I say, sounding) remake of the original game in the style of REmake 2.

Give credit where credit's due, they did a very good thing with a beloved IP, now hopefully they won't sneak on-disc DLC or some other shady underhanded stuff like they did Dead Space 3.

Around the Network

Meh, it's not like they are reviving the franchise. They are just remaking a popular game, there's little risk here, especially if they charge full price plus microtransactions. Hell, it's not even a remastered trilogy like ME.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

So how will EA fuck it up is the question.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

They are calling it a remake, but I hope its more a remaster than anything else, the original game still holds up pretty well.

Jpcc86 said:

They are calling it a remake, but I hope its more a remaster than anything else, the original game still holds up pretty well.

Probably the reason they decided to do this. Seems like it will be a quick and simple job. I never got to finish Dead Space 1 but got pretty far so I look forward to this.