By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - As a Sega fan I always fill my backlog of Sega games new and old I'm that dedicated as a fan

How dedicated are you as a Sega fan?

Sega Forever 1 14.29%

Moderate Sega Fan 4 57.14%

I don't buy Sega 2 28.57%

Total:7

I was a hardcore dedicated sega fan with Dreamcast and the original Xbox. I bought everything they made and relished in their superiority over other games. It was stunning to me that every game in that time had miserable sales. Despite this, their output was stellar!

They really went all in and it didn’t pay off at all. But it was good times as a gamer who loved sega.

Around the Network

Sega to me is just Yakuza games + Atlus.  (I wouldnt call myself a "fan" of sega)
Both of which are fantastic.

And occasionally something smaller, like Super Monkey Ball, Valkyria Chronicles ect.

I was never big on Sonic, and I feel like they didnt transition well into 3D era.
(ei. Im much more of a Mario guy, than a Sonic one)

When I saw PS3 store was about to shut I immediately pulled out my PS3 and downloaded Daytona and crazy taxi. I also have all the Yakuza games on PS3 but didn't bother to download them because I also bought the remastered collection on PS4

Welcome to the Next Level. To be this good takes AGES. To be this good it takes SEGA!

SEGA made the most creative ideas in IPs ever. Them and Nintendo made the best transition to 3D. Mario with Nintendo. Panzer Dragoon with SEGA. One of the best launch games of all time. Tho I guess I should credit Virtua Fighter first with SEGA Model 1 hardware. SEGA INVENTED 3D fighting games. Sega Model 3 Scud Race still looks insane! That game came out in 1996 and looks better than most PS2 racing games. SEGA was more willing to take risks with new IPs than anyone. Sadly SEGA of Japan didn't know how to manage money or consoles well. Should have listened to Tom. Tom set the stage for marketing to older gamers. Sony took that template and expanded on it ever since. I still miss them in the console space. Sure I love Yakuza. I love Atlus. SEGA of today is not the same company. Sonic was NEVER their more interesting IPs. They had so many. Then unique ones like Panzer Dragoon. Jet Set Radio. Comix Zone. Ranger X. Burning Rangers and so so so so many more. I will bleed 90s SEGA blue until I die.

Last edited by Leynos - on 03 July 2021

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!