By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - N64 level standards of gameplay quality - Biomutant Review!

When I first laid eyes on this game, it gave me that old-school gaming feel like it was aiming to jumble my nostalgia naughty bits. But this might not quite pan out to be a modern classic like it was intended to be!

Also, I'm chuckling because all the ads running for me on this forum are Biomutant ads xD

Full written review can be read here: http://zyro-eg.com/2021/06/03/biomutant-review/

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/
Around the Network

So you need 3 hands to beat this game?

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask were on the N64

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

/endthread

34 years playing games.

h2ohno said:

So you need 3 hands to beat this game?

I never understood the struggle people had with that controller lol... You either held it by the end handles because the game didn't use the analog stick, or you held it by the center and right handles because the game focused on shooting/aiming.  *shrug*  I actually liked the N64 controller (in its day, of course!).

AngryLittleAlchemist said:

That's precisely the point: play those back-to-back with Breath of the Wild and you'll immediately understand how far we've come with gameplay/handling in games.  If you LIKE that sort of feel, then as mentioned, Biomutant will still entertain you enough, then.  But for most people, we've come a long way: I don't want my 2021 games to feel like N64 games, I want them to feel like 2021 games... or at least 2017 games a la Breath of the Wild.  If I want a game that feels like an N64 game, I'll just play an N64 game lmao

Check out my entertainment gaming channel!
^^/