By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Ghost of Tsushima-players help raise $260,000 to restore the island's real-life shrine

Wonderful news from Japan: Many people show their hearts and donate. Ghost of Tsushima-players help raise $260,000 to restore the island's real-life shrine.

On September 7 2020, a typhoon hit the island, destroying the Torii gate situated at the shrine. But now.. here the article:

https://www.gamesradar.com/ghost-of-tsushima-players-help-raise-dollar260000-to-restore-the-islands-real-life-shrine/

My Respect!!@ all =) In summer of 2021 or 2022 I am going to Japan and would like to visit Kyoto, Tsushima, Osaka and Tokyo. The Game Ghost of Tsushima showed me the incredible beauty of Japan. I'm really looking forward to it. I'll have a look at this shrine then :) I can only recommend it to anyone interested in Japanese culture and scenarios. love the sights in the game.

Around the Network

Man good on the player base of that game.

That's nice.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Gamers have proven to be extremely charitable in recent years. A great example is the Destiny charity event that started in (i think) 2015 that has now grown into a substantial organization.

dx11332sega said:

Amazing news indeed , Big hearts.

I'm happy for the place and the people. The shrine will be completed this year.

Hiku said:

Good to hear some positive news from gaming communities. (People tend to focus on the negative.)
Hope the restoration goes well.

So true!