By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Bugsnax review thread - Metacritic 79

Tagged games:

Fairly decent review for an indie level title, good surprise. 23 reviews and averaging on 79

Nov 9, 2020
Bugsnax is a unique and wonderful experience, and a must-play for anyone who can get their hands on it. If you’re lucky enough to have secured a PS5, make sure you make the most of PlayStation Plus and pick up your free copy while it lasts. If not, this game is still well worth your hard-earned cash.
Nov 9, 2020
Bugsnax is a truly unique and wonderful first-person adventure game that tugs at your heartstrings with its beautiful story. The themes of love, friendship, and overcoming adversity are not new, but the manner in which the story plays out is a sight to behold. Couple the amazing story with a tremendous soundtrack and nearly ten different biomes to explore, and this game is well worth a look this fall.
Nov 9, 2020
Bugsnax may not have what it takes to be a chart-topping hit, but it does have the makings of an instant cult classic. Its goofy nature won't be for everyone, but players who take Elizabert Megafig up on her offer will be pleasantly surprised by Bugsnax's interesting gameplay mechanics and loveable characters.
Nov 9, 2020
More importantly, while not explicitly marketed towards children, I worry how those who do end up playing it are going to come away from this. Bugsnax has PEGI and ESBR ratings of 7 for mild violence, which I simply don’t agree with for its ending alone, and isn’t that a strange thing to have to say. Bugsnax is a pleasant little gem of a game, but I don’t think I’ve ever encountered another title that came so close to ruining it all for me so close to the finish line.
Nov 9, 2020
Bugsnax is a relatively short title, taking roughly around ten hours or so to finish depending on if players go for full completion or not. Despite this, it contains a wonderful and charming story with the puzzles being so wildly creative it makes it fun to find and collect the many different Bugsnax.
Nov 9, 2020
Bugsnax is an odd and wacky experience that'll be remembered as the black swan of the PS5 launch lineup, in the best way possible. It highlights PlayStation's commitment to having a diverse catalog of games at the PS5 launch, and with Bugsnax being free on PS Plus for PS5 players at launch, there's no reason not to try it if you're a subscriber.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."