By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
coolestguyever said:
Game_boy said:

http://kent.dl.sourceforge.net/sourceforge/wubi/Wubi-8.04-beta-rev487.exe

Download and run that. It will install Ubuntu (Linux) as a Windows program. It cannot damage your files in any way and can be removed using Add/Remove Programs or the .exe itself.

Try it. If you don't like it, fine, I'm OK with that. But don't be an jgnorant Windows user - it's free, it's fast, it's secure, it has 3D wobbly windows that run great on crud integrated Intel graphics.

Post any questions here.

pfff...my ass its secure.

I'll probably pick up 10 viruses if i get this. thanks, but no thanks.

K, That is probably half of the viruses linux has. WHile windows has 10s of thousands of them.

@ Makingmusic Wine is your best friend if you ever switched to linux.  

Around the Network

I'm wanting to switch to Linux for a long time.

Can you please tell me the bads of the linux? So i can weigh with the bads of the windows?

And if i want to change definitely what you recommend me to do? Since this is a windows program as you say it may not be the best choice if i want to fully enjoy linux.

Flow -"The important is to pwn other ppl"

Flow said:

Can you please tell me the bads of the linux? So i can weigh with the bads of the windows?

And if i want to change definitely what you recommend me to do? Since this is a windows program as you say it may not be the best choice if i want to fully enjoy linux.

The only bad is that you will have to get used to doing things slightly differently. You'll still be able to do them, just differently. :) I recently converted my parents' computer to Ubuntu. They were complaining that their computer was sluggish and that they should get a new one. I asked them if I could install linux instead so they could have a feel for it. Now their computer is free of software bloat and no longer needs to be replaced. First thing to do is to back up your trully important files on another medium or seperate hard-drive. Then go to ubuntu.com (after the 22nd of april). Download and Burn to CD Ubuntu 8.04. Then put it into your cd tray and reboot. You'll be able to test drive linux. If you like it, click on Install and follow the instructions. If you don't, click reboot and give the disk to someone else without any worries. Good luck. ( I hope you sort out your internet in time for the next Warhawk league :) )

Flow said:

Um there isn't that much support as their is for windows. If there is a program you can't run in linux then you could use wine. 

My main problem with Linux/Apple supporters is when people preach to the "ignorant Windows users". I've messed around with a few Linux distros and OS X and even though all of them have their pros/cons, I prefer sticking to my Vista setup. Go ahead and talk about your respective OS and why you prefer it but you won't do it any favors by mocking me for sticking with Windows.

This isn't a jab at you Game_boy (especially since you said it was fine if Ubuntu isn't our preference), I just saw that phrase in your post and it reminds me of the rest of the trash you see at various other forums/websites.

Around the Network

i have a linux disk called Knoppix that streams from a disk so it dont need no instillation. u can download it for free

sc94597 said:
Flow said:

Um there isn't that much support as their is for windows. If there is a program you can't run in linux then you could use wine. 

Support is very good. Only instead of being given out by a company, its done by the dedicated community of users and accessible through forums. The answers are generally thorough, precice and easy. (Just make sure you use search functions since they don't like to repeatedly answer the same question.) :)