By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Quake Wars: Enemy Territory

Is anyone going to buy this game since it doesn't seem like there will be anything new content?  My understanding is that PC gamers did not rush out to buy this one.

http://crispygamer.com/_GeneratedPages/Previews/Preview48.aspx

Around the Network

THe PC version did not sell much, but it was a success comercially since it didn't any publicity and it was small-budget. The success allowed Splash damage to double it's current workers.

I will rent it at least.

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I like the idea of the mechs and all of the available vehicles in the game. If it garner decent reviews I may pick it up when it drops to 29.99

Tag: Became a freaking mod and a complete douche, coincidentally, at the same time.

To anyone not sure, as an owner of the PC game and a huge fan of the original Enemy Territory, there is simply this much to say: Get it.

Enemy Territory differentiates itself so much from other run of the mill shooters through it's genuine use of teamwork (don't take that saying for granted, ET proves how deeply teamwork can take players), it's incredible balance and one of the most dedicated communities you'd come across.

Despite no extras, it seems Splash Damage have gone to considerable lengths to make sure it's as close and true to the PC game as it can get, I'm debating a second purchase myself to compare the two.

Around the Network

Is it more team based than Team Fortress?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

ckmlb said:
Is it more team based than Team Fortress?

Definitely, the only way to win is to act as a team; though you can do standalone objectives which could still help your team greatly, like if you're an covert ops you could by yourself try deactivate the enemies' radar (not critical to the main objective) which means you'd have to leave the frontlines and main objectives (and therefore your team would be outnumbered), but if you succeeded in deactivating the radar you'd give your team a hell of an advantage since your positions wouldn't be tracked by the radar, while you would be tracking the enemies'.

If you just play to make frags without thinking the objective, then you'd just be pointless. A player doesn't even need to kill anyone to help the team.

Quake Wars is the best tactical FPS I've played.

The first thing that struck me while watching trailers for this game was that the graphics could really do with a complete overhaul.

With so many big FPS titles hitting consoles this year it will be hard to remember a title as forgettable and unoriginal as this.