By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - PS5 Pre-orders hit with massive cancelation by stores due to insufficient inventory

I don't see the problem here.
If only 10% of PS4 owners want to upgrade right away next month, that number is way higher than any stock manufactured and shipped by that time.
So of course a lot of people will end up empty-handed, preorders getting canceled left and right as well. Let's not forget producing 10mio consoles and associated accessories probably costs around $5billion and that money isn't just lying around.

Around the Network

The consoles seem to be almost as popular as Nvidia cards.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I still don't get why so many people preorder hardware at launch, when it's the hardest, most expensive to obtain and has the biggest chance of hardware malfunction.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:

I still don't get why so many people preorder hardware at launch, when it's the hardest, most expensive to obtain and has the biggest chance of hardware malfunction.

Probably because most people never had those problems

Darwinianevolution said:

Because if you preorder you can pay MSRP so not more expensive. And you can use the console for the longest time.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network

Same in France but it was the same with the Nintendo Switch here in 2017