By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Music Discussion - I need help identifying a song!!!

Okay... this is going to seem very random. But I keep getting ads for tostitos and a song plays with the lyrics "please stay close to me" and it sounds very familiar, but I cannot for the life of me find the song and I cannot find the right ad on my own, just happens randomly... I know it's not much to go on, but if anybody here knows what I'm talking about, please help lol.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Link the ad, give us something to work with.

You may even find out what the song is in the YouTube comments for the ad.

Install Shazam on your phone, Next time you hear it. Run the app

FarleyMcFirefly said:

Okay... this is going to seem very random. But I keep getting ads for tostitos and a song plays with the lyrics "please stay close to me" and it sounds very familiar, but I cannot for the life of me find the song and I cannot find the right ad on my own, just happens randomly... I know it's not much to go on, but if anybody here knows what I'm talking about, please help lol.

I hope you can find the song. But watch out sometimes it is an original song created for the ad.

I also have a terrible song in my mind, I though it was from Toto but I ran through all their discography and couldnt find it. NO IT IS NOT AFRICA!!!

Problem is I used to listen to this song when I was a kid and dint know English so the lyrics I remember just sound like gibberish. My head has been hurting since then. I know your pain.

Maybe it is an original song for the ad.. It sounded like an 80s rock ballad.

I would link the ad, but I cannot find it lol. The ad has randomly come up 3 times over the last 2 months.

1doesnotsimply

Around the Network

Dig into this link: https://songsear.ch/q/please%20stay%20close%20to%20me?autocomplete=please%20stay%20close%20to%20me

The one that's closest to your description is this one imo: https://youtu.be/vyFLH0e0sQw?t=99

But yeah, was it a man or a woman singning? that could help

I believe the song you are thinking about its precisely Stay Close To Me, this version:

The original song, by The Impressions tho: 

If its not this song then im sorry I cant help you, but you just learned about this awesome song and your day just got better. You are welcome. 

EnricoPallazzo said:
FarleyMcFirefly said:

I hope you can find the song. But watch out sometimes it is an original song created for the ad.

I also have a terrible song in my mind, I though it was from Toto but I ran through all their discography and couldnt find it. NO IT IS NOT AFRICA!!!

Problem is I used to listen to this song when I was a kid and dint know English so the lyrics I remember just sound like gibberish. My head has been hurting since then. I know your pain.

Know that feeling. For me it is a movie when I was a kid, 3 years old. I can't recall what country it is from all I remember is big hairy creatures, a castle (i think it was anyway lol) and tunnels that they moved around in and killed people lol. TO top it off I don't know if it was filmed in black and white or colour as we had a black and white TV lol.

Hiku said:

While we're here, I need help finding a song as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Y4ti3qL0pA

The music that plays right after defeating the enemy. 

Dont know if you are being ironic because this must play all game long but will try to answer. I Havent played the remake but this is just the battle theme from FF7 but in a slightly different form. It is called "those who fight" in the original version. 

Hiku said:
EnricoPallazzo said:

Dont know if you are being ironic because this must play all game long but will try to answer. I Havent played the remake but this is just the battle theme from FF7 but in a slightly different form. It is called "those who fight" in the original version. 

There are a few versions of that theme in the game, and it's this specific version I'm looking for.
Between Chapter 1-5, I've only heard this one play at this section of the game.

I believe this video contains several variations of the battle theme.  Maybe that will help you find the precise one you want?