By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - More X|S Backward Compatibility Enhancements Revealed

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/10/13/xbox-series-x-and-xbox-series-s-backward-compatibility-update/

• All BC games will get 16x AF applied
  • All BC games that did not have native HDR support get auto HDR, which I posted a thread recently of Jeffrey Grubb breaking it down
  • All BC games take advantage of the SSD and XVA
  • The BC team has found a method to DOUBLE the frame rates of some titles. Not all or even most titles, as many titles would have design/physics issues

Fallout 4 running at 60 FPS even on the Series S. Amazing stuff. I finished the game but when I went to play the season pass content, the load times and sluggish feeling of the game soured me. I did like two quests of the first DLC. I will literally restart the entire game and play it in glorious 60fps. Just add it to the already huge list of large upgrades to last gen titles.

It really seems like the X|S was designed for my backlog. I know people bitch about a supposed weak launch lineup, but I think both the Xbox and PS5 have good lineups compared to past systems, so long as you aren't expecting some Halo CE or BotW type jaw dropping must have megaton title. The third party offerings alone are miles better than what this gen launched with, and both consoles now have complete BC with last gen (and the one before that and the one before that for Xbox, though not complete in those cases), no one should ever suffer from having nothing to play.

I wonder what sort of magic they can pull with other titles. Could KOTOR get a steady frame rate on X|S? It couldn't even on Scorpio.

Double my framerate if old.

Around the Network

That's not very cinematic of them.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

This doubling frame rate feature is pretty awesome stuff. Many games are already designed to run 60 fps on PC, so I would imagine many games could already support this.

Meanwhile console games being capped at 30 fps on PC was more like 6th and 7th gen problem.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

I am thankful, my backlog is not shrinking yet.

...to avoid getting banned for inactivity, I may have to resort to comments that are of a lower overall quality and or beneath my moral standards.