By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Crysis Remastered - Digital Foundry analysis

Crysis Remastered has released for PC and consoles after a slight delay. How does it stack up to the original?

Well, not too well it seems. Some nice new tech handling lighting and reflections, but performance is, relatively speaking, perhaps even worse than the original. What's even worse is that it's basically a remaster of the PS3/360 version, and thus is missing
content and has reduced physics and the like.

A slap in the face of any Crysis fan or PC gamer if you ask me.

Last edited by Chrizum - on 21 September 2020

Around the Network

Is the original still available on Steam? I always fear companies will make the originals unavailable when releasing a remaster.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Darwinianevolution said:
Is the original still available on Steam? I always fear companies will make the originals unavailable when releasing a remaster.

Yes, it's still available fortunately. But even now, no machine is capable of playing it on very high @60fps. This remaster should have fixed that but it didn't and brings in a lot of other problems. The "can it run Crysis?" meme will carry on for eternity it seems.

CGI-Quality said:
Chrizum said:

Yes, it's still available fortunately. But even now, no machine is capable of playing it on very high @60fps. This remaster should have fixed that but it didn't and brings in a lot of other problems. The "can it run Crysis?" meme will carry on for eternity it seems.

I can play Crysis @60fps. The Remaster is another story (and even then, on Can It Run Crysis I get between 40 & 55fps).

Maxed out? At what resolution? According to DF, even the 10900k is a bottleneck for reaching stable 60 fps (I assume with Vsync enabled).

Since the remaster is a bit of a Frankenstein, and exclusive to EGS, I'll probably just roll with OG Crysis and mods. I really do not like the lighting and other changes made to the remaster.

You'd think they would make a port of the PC version, not the sodding console version. devs not learning the old lesson once again. 

Last edited by Chazore - on 21 September 2020

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

There are some goods... But there are also some...

And there are a lot more issues than just these such as 30 fps animation on certain vegetation, questionable lighting in some aspects, horrible cpu optimization, can't lean, vegetation not reacting to explosions and etc

Now if you watch the video, there is a good number of improvements. But imo, specially with the shit cpu optimization, gonna skip this and never look back.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850