By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Windbound might be an actually well done Zelda love letter

According to this new gameplay trailer, they could have also called it Breathwaker:

https://youtu.be/Gfcxpb5kTR8 (sorry, embedding doesn‘t work on my tablet)

If it turns out to be at least decent, I‘ll get it on XSX. Out on August 28th on all platforms.

Last edited by okr - on 12 June 2020

Around the Network

This art style is very pleasant. So this, Rareware's Everwild, and Gods and Monsters all looking inspired by BotW. I welcome these developments.

Looks like a nice blend of Breath of the Wild and Wind Waker. It's very much on my radar.

My gf and I were chuckling yesterday while watching the trailer — it’s just SO similar to Zelda.

But that’s far from a bad thing! I will definitely give it a try.

I bet it will be comparably short and rough in game design, but let‘s keep in mind this is made by a small team without decades of experience.

Looks and sounds really nice, I hope I‘ll like it better than Oceanhorn.

Around the Network

hopefully a physical release on switch

okr said:
I bet it will be comparably short and rough in game design, but let‘s keep in mind this is made by a small team without decades of experience.

Looks and sounds really nice, I hope I‘ll like it better than Oceanhorn.

Oceanhorn is the reason for why I'm keeping my expectations in check with Windbound. I thought Oceanhorn looked really promising and expected a Wind Waker Lite experience, but in the end I didn't enjoy it at all.

Seen that trailer before, looks decent, though while being inspired by something is good in itself, when a game is this similar you’ll inevitably start comparing and at that point you’re probably just want to play the real thing.

KLAMarine said:
This art style is very pleasant. So this, Rareware's Everwild, and Gods and Monsters all looking inspired by BotW. I welcome these developments.

Don't forget about Genshin Impact.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
KLAMarine said:

Don't forget about Genshin Impact.

Indeed! That one looks good too!