Forums - Sony Discussion - Will we get a Final Fantasy XVI announcement today?

Will it Happen?

YES 4 20.00%

NO 16 80.00%

Total:20

I don't think so but I would be excited if they did.

Around the Network

I think we will see Square at the show later today. They reassure their support for Sony at most of their console debuts.

No.
But maybe we'll see the FFIX remake trailer.

Xxain said:
Hiku said:
I'd rather FF7 Part 2, so that they don't spread themselves too thin.

What do you mean spread too thin(I'm sensing a beaten to death wrong answer coming)? That will definitely not be happening. FF16 WILL come out before FF7 part 2.

Shifting staff including Nomura back and forth between Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7R is not an ideal development process for any game. While they have a lot of resources going into other major projects like FFXV and it's various DLC updates, Dragon Quest XI, Nier: Automata, FFIXV, etc.

I wasnt expecting but now i AM almost sure they Will announced it. Kagari from resetera is hyping it and She knows people in square. Also square never miss these reveals of new Sony consoles. Then There was a dev from One of the teams that are working on One of the AAA projects that was tweeting to not miss it and them deleted the tweet. Finally we have a Shit ton of leaks about these games since square have people leaking shit from inside since ff15 while story was leaked on 4chan, since then There is no game that Sony have shit spoiled or leaked.

Its time for ff16 , remake part 2 Will BE like 3 years away. Square Will BE There showing ff16, the other RPG AAA game they working, Kingdom hearths or even a tech demo.

Around the Network
Hiku said:
Xxain said:

What do you mean spread too thin(I'm sensing a beaten to death wrong answer coming)? That will definitely not be happening. FF16 WILL come out before FF7 part 2.

Shifting staff including Nomura back and forth between Kingdom Hearts 3 and FF7R is not an ideal development process for any game. While they have a lot of resources going into other major projects like FFXV and it's various DLC updates, Dragon Quest XI, Nier: Automata, FFIXV, etc.

As I thought. 

Hiku. Business Division 1 (the old gaurd ff7 remake and kh) is not doing FF16. Business Division 3 is (ff14 team). Business division 2 hadndles DQ, nier, bravely. Business Division 4 handles ports and mana. They outlined this in their quarterly report. 

Xxain said:
Hiku said:

As I thought. 

Hiku. Business Division 1 (the old gaurd ff7 remake and kh) is not doing FF16. Business Division 3 is (ff14 team). Business division 2 hadndles DQ, nier, bravely. Business Division 4 handles ports and mana. They outlined this in their quarterly report. 

The Business Divisions were consolidated under four Creative Business Units.
I think that's what you're referring to though, but you used the old names? Because when you say "Business Division 3 is", it sounds like you're referring to Creative Business Unit 3's recruitment page for “a new key project following Final Fantasy XIV".

Either way, the budget and scale of one game can and does directly impact the development of another. That's why some games go in and out of active development, when resources and priorities shift. And Square Enix have some notable history with that.

If Final Fantasy 16 is an MMORPG (which it may be, since it was Creative Business Unit 3 that had the listing) I don't have any issues with it.
But if it's not, I'd rather they don't work on two massive mainline singleplayer focused FF games at the same time, when I bet if they haven't already started on Kingdom Hearts 4, they will before Part 2 is out.

Last edited by Hiku - on 11 June 2020

They announce these things about 5 years ahead of time, so I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest to see a FF16 announcement.

twintail said:
greencactaur said:
I'm expecting nothing just so i don't get disappointed.

Or you could look forward to it and not care if it isn't announced. :)

I think it'll be announced. If it isn't then whatever, there's tons of other stuff that'll be shown.

Oh snap thats so true lol. You're smart! :O

PSn - greencactaur
Nintendo Switch FC - SW - 5152 - 6393 - 5140 Please feel free to add me :)