By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Playstation 5 " Future of Gaming ", June 11 Official Games Reveal/Streaming Thread - PS5 hardware revealed, includes standard and digital editions, PS new motto : "Play Has No Limit "

Are you ready for PS5

I am so Ready 16 51.61%

I am always ready 6 19.35%

Not yet, PS4 still has greatness 3 9.68%

My wallet are not ready 6 19.35%

Total:31
Bofferbrauer2 said:
Really don't like the design, looks to me like a Wii who wanted to be super edgy...

Yeah, I dislike the design too... 

But overall, this how you get people excited about next gen. Spiderman at launch, Horizon 2, Demon's Souls, RE VIII, Ratchet and Clank, Sackboy and a bunch of indie games that look amazing. 9/10 presentation. I take one point because I was getting sick of watching triangles, squares, circles and crosses every three minutes. Jesus, I get it, this is a Playstation thing: STOP ALREADY XD. 

The only thing I would critizise about the games they showed... Is that many of them didn't even give us a release date.

Around the Network
JRPGfan said:
Bandorr said:
How much does a 4k UHD drive cost? Like how much are they saving with a digital only version?

Probably 15-20$, if you include the smaller packageing and plastic used ect.
Thats why it probably only sells 50$ cheaper.

More profit on digital and no used games so they could subsidise it more than $30.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

That was pretty decent, although I feel like less would have been more.
Exclusives look good. As a fan of platforms it's nice to see them well represented with Ratchet. Sackboy's Adventure or whatever looks good too. Reminds me a lot of Mario 3D World, and that's not a bad thing. I'm lukewarm on Spider-man, simply because I like Peter a lot better than Miles. Hoping this is a side game and they'll also do a Spider-man 2 to continue that story. Returnal looks interesting despite having the stupidest name for a game since Revengance.

For me, when I ultimately buy a next gen console, my decision will be based on Sony's IPs vs the value that Gamepass provides. Sony showed off their IPs nicely. Nothing that made me think I need to buy this system right now, but definitely some that I'd like to play down the line.

The console is literally the ugliest console design I can recall, but whatever. I don't spend all that much time staring at the actual box anyway.

7/8 out of 10 for me.

I feel the middle of the conference had a bit of bloat to it but picked up after the Demons Souls remake. While some of the AA's looked good, I feel like Sony should have cut a few of them, in favor of short gameplay demos of Horizon 2 & Demon Souls. Although the launch lineup for the PS5 is looking a lot stronger than the PS4. GT7, R&C: Rift Apart, Demon Souls, Horizon 2 & a potential Silent Hill reboot.

Not really feeling the PS5 design though lol. Maybe it'll grow on me overtime.

Loved Ratchet Horizon and spiderman I liked the games shown overall..The console is ugly af if you ask me tho

Around the Network
rapsuperstar31 said:
 Resident Evil

Did I miss something. I thought that game was called Village?

Hmm, pie.

John2290 said:
Can anyone confirm Astro bot is in VR? Why does it look like a static camera ... :(

I feel like it's going to do something weird with the controller which may explain that.  

Leynos said:

Ugly as fuck console and this may be the last console I ever get. I'm not buying in the digital future. I will become a retro gamer after this only.

The presentation was meh. "Experiences like you never seen before" then proceeds to show a thousand CGI trailers that are more of the same stuff.

My thoughts exactly. A couple good surprises in between, but I'm not yet hyped. Also, no price yet.

The Fury said:
rapsuperstar31 said:
 Resident Evil

Did I miss something. I thought that game was called Village?

RE Vill

"I think people should define the word crap" - Kirby007

Join the Prediction League http://www.vgchartz.com/predictions

Instead of seeking to convince others, we can be open to changing our own minds, and seek out information that contradicts our own steadfast point of view. Maybe it’ll turn out that those who disagree with you actually have a solid grasp of the facts. There’s a slight possibility that, after all, you’re the one who’s wrong.

Is that new Spiderman title DLC or a spinoff?

I would be surprised if its a direct sequel.