By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - EGS just uninstalled my ENTIRE LIBRARY without asking!

Yesterday I finally bought two games on the EGS. They were Metro Exodus, and Control. I payed $10 for Exodus, and $20 for Control thanks to their excellent sale. I also have Subnautica, GTAV, and Outer Worlds as free games. I got Outer Worlds as a free game from buying my 2070 Super.

EGS launcher was bugged. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled. Now all my games are deleted. It'll take me a week just to download all these games over again. I should have known better. -_-

Around the Network

Hmm just uninstalling launcher shouldn't lead to actual game files being deleted. Did you check your folder where it installs the games for EGS? One would think it would just be error with launcher not seeing your game files on computer.

I have no clue about EGS but I'm pretty sure if you deleted Steam launcher that the game files would still be there.  I've never tried deleting just the launcher or client and only done fresh installs on new computers.

That title is a bit misleading. You made it sound like they wiped the games from your account

Are you still using dial up? Jokes aside, that is a pretty misleading title, I was also thinking that they took them from your account.

Well that happens on digital world.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Around the Network
Bandorr said:
Googling it I see several people talking about the games being uninstalled. Others disagree.
Wondering if you install them outside the "norm" if they stay.

But let's be clear - YOU deleted them. You removed the launcher which removed the games.
A better title is "accidentally deleted games library uninstalling and reinstalling epic launcher"

How many of those are you actually playing? I wouldn't worry about how long it takes to reinstall a game you aren't playing right now.

Curious if "reinstalling" the launcher caused it to overwrite the founder where the games were installed..

This is a good explanation of the process  https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicGamesPC/comments/czmumn/update_on_problem_uninstalling_egs_resulting_in/

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Before I made this thread I checked my entire computer for my game files. They are all gone.

Bandorr said:
Googling it I see several people talking about the games being uninstalled. Others disagree.

But let's be clear - YOU deleted them. You removed the launcher which removed the games.
A better title is "accidentally deleted games library uninstalling and reinstalling epic launcher"

How many of those are you actually playing? I wouldn't worry about how long it takes to reinstall a game you aren't playing right now.

Curious if "reinstalling" the launcher caused it to overwrite the founder where the games were installed..

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Steam and GoG before without this problem. Removing the launcher shouldn't remove the games. It's common sense. But I guess whoever programmed Epic's Launcher doesn't have any of that.

Just downloading Outer Worlds takes 12 hours. Their launcher is slow at downloading like GoG's. My internet isn't very good either at around 6 MBPS. Also, I'm pretty sure I just lost my Subnautica save files. But thankfully I'm unlikely to go back to that game anytime soon.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 22 May 2020

SpokenTruth said:
Cerebralbore101 said:

Before I made this thread I checked my entire computer for my game files. They are all gone.

I don't think they are just saved as their name.  Again, check my link. 

I don't have a folder called ProgramData in my C Drive. It's the only drive I have too.

Edit: Nevermind it was hidden by Windows' default settings.

Edit: Nope. There's nothing in manifests. Just a pending folder.

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 22 May 2020

Bandorr said:

Wait, deleting the launcher automatically uninstalls the games? Why? Why would any platform do that? You still bought the games, at most it should just ask you to reinstall the launcher, not just uninstall everything.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Cerebralbore101 said:
SpokenTruth said:

I don't think they are just saved as their name.  Again, check my link. 

I don't have a folder called ProgramData in my C Drive. It's the only drive I have too.

Edit: Nevermind it was hidden by Windows' default settings.

Edit: Nope. There's nothing in manifests. Just a pending folder.

Yea some reason windows 10 hides certain folders.  I was trying to find old Bitcoin core program that was taking up space on my computer and I could not just use explorer to find it through clicking on folders to find correct path.  I had to manually type the dang file path into the top and then boom what you know the folder just pops up then but there was no way to get to it by just clicking on folders.