By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Gears of War 3 PS3 build discovered

they seem to be in love with the PS5 now.

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Didn't Epic Games say once that they didn't get a dime off the Gears franchise because it was so expensive to produce? I'm not really sure how that's possible given how popular Gears was at the time (2 and 3 did 6m+), but it's interesting to think nonetheless if they were going to try and make 3 more profitable by making a PS3 version.

Tim Sweeney said gears 3 cost somewhere between 42 and 60 million to make, so it seems to me that while high it wasn't that they didn't make money just that their capacity to grow the series to offset rising costs was now limited part of that was epic's decision to make it a defacto first party 360 series and while partnering with MS on a new IP made sense at the beginning it also hamstrung them.

Epic now had a franchise that was seen to epitomise unfairly or not the 360's label of being a shooter bro console and this along with the number of games made and time spent as a console exclusive mixed with a sense that the onset of series fatigue may start to realise itself made the benefits that going multiplate once held less favorable, all this and the fact they were not solely reliant on Gears played into the eventual sale .

Back to the topic Epic stated that while it was legit  the build was not an abandoned PS3 port but them testing Unreal engine on PS3 using gears 3 and unreal tournament,now whether that's the truth or fud we may never know.

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

Can you imagine the meltdown!? Wow. I never would have imagined this was even considered back then.