By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - VGChartz Official Videogame Matchmaking/Challenge Thread

Don't know about the rest of you, but most of my friends don't play games as much as me, or if they do, not the same kinds.  It can be hard to find an opponent, especially if you like to play older or more obscure games.  So, it only seems natural to use the community to help find opponents! 

The point of this thread is simple.  To provide a list of what games people are looking for opponents/co-op partners in.  If you see someone on the list and you'd like to challenge/join them, then simply @them or quote them in the thread, then you can work out a time.  No kind of points system or anything, but feel free to exercise reasonable bragging rights.  If this actually winds up being used I may edit it further accommodate things like group games and such. 

USER  LOOKING FOR CHALLENGES IN...  Username
JWeincom

Street Fighter Anniversary Collection-Street Fighter 2 Turbo/Alpha 3/Third Strike (Switch), Smash Bros. Ultimate (Switch), Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 (PS4), ARMS (Switch), Soul Calibur 6 (PS4), Super Street Fighter IV (3DS), 

YAYCONFORMITY (PSN)

AngryLittleAlchemist

Halo: MCC All Games (Steam) 

Alchy (STEAM)

If you want to be added to the list just tag me and let me know what games you're looking for opponents/partners in and what system it's on.  If you want to challenge someone tag them and let them know which game and system.  Simple.  Hope people participate, and good gaming!

Last edited by JWeinCom - on 19 May 2020

Around the Network

Someone's got to be man enough to issue an open challenge. Have we no gamers here :p?

I was all about fighting games for about 15 years, until I totally burnt out on them and quit them entirely. I have a few fighting games for PS4, but I've never played them. If you have any Namco classics we can do high score challenges! Bump bump!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

COKTOE said:
I was all about fighting games for about 15 years, until I totally burnt out on them and quit them entirely. I have a few fighting games for PS4, but I've never played them. If you have any Namco classics we can do high score challenges! Bump bump!

Doesn't have to be fighting games.  Any game with online multiplayer works.

Shadow1980 said:
Could we add an option for team-based events and not just 1v1 events? I primarily play just Halo these days, and finding a full team is difficult. Most of the people on my friends list have since moved on to other games, leaving me with just a scant few who still play Halo on anything approaching a regular basis. Most of the time, it's just me and two other people, one of them an IRL friend and another who's been on my friends list for the past 14 years.

If anyone is ever up for some Halo, my gamertag is ShadowOfTheVoid.

I was thinking about that but it seemed a bit more difficult to arrange.  But I'll add it and let people know the difference.  I should also probably add a column for friend codes/gamer tags.

Which Halo btw?

Around the Network

I challenge anyone to a 1v1 on any of the games currently available for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on steam (so, Reach, CE, 2 Classic and 2 Anniversary).

AngryLittleAlchemist said:
I challenge anyone to a 1v1 on any of the games currently available for Halo: The Master Chief Collection on steam (so, Reach, CE, 2 Classic and 2 Anniversary).

Added.  Give me your gamertag or whater they call that on steam.

I challenge anyone to carry me to GC in 2s in Rocket League. Bet you can't do it!

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Bump because dammit I believe in this.

JWeinCom said:
AngryLittleAlchemist said:

Added.  Give me your gamertag or whater they call that on steam.

Sorry I forgot lmao.  My Steam is "Alchy" and has a picture of an anime character with a cigarette (original I know). Just let me know when you want to play, rn I'm playing Okami but I should be able to 1v1 any time basically.