By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - New info for 360 Unreal Tournament 3

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/867/867258p1.html

It has several new features over the PS3 and Computer versions.

Highlights:

-Two-player splitscreen

-5 exclusive maps

-All Epic-made DLC for the PS3 is included on the disc.

Now the only question is mod support. 

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."
Around the Network

They simply HAVE TO HAVE mod support to make it the obviously superior version :x I really dig the 2 player split screen though :) thats a fantastic feature ^^ But man, right now I've got some obscenely awesome mods, and the game just wouldn't be the same without them :( I'm currently playing 20% FASTER than the PC version, in third person xD It's just too awesome :)

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

When you say 20% faster, do you mean a better framerate or characters that literally move faster?

Could I trouble you for some maple syrup to go with the plate of roffles you just served up?

Tag, courtesy of fkusumot: "Why do most of the PS3 fanboys have avatars that looks totally pissed?"
"Ok, girl's trapped in the elevator, and the power's off.  I swear, if a zombie comes around the next corner..."

Split-screen is cool, but I'm not really seeing it as greater than the PS3 version because of mods. I'm sure it's going to sell a lot more considering the 360's larger base and more shooter oriented community, but I think the PS3 version has a greater potential when it comes to content available through mods.

It's a set of mods, it just increases the game speed :P They originally took the PC speed, and docked it 20% to make it more playable with a controller, I have 2 mods right now, one of them puts it at the same speed, and the other puts it 20% FASTER than the PC version xD It's pretty hectic :)

Mods make Unreal what it's god given name was set out to be, unreal! :) I've downloaded at least 100 mods ranging from new stages, different character models, different weapons, enhanced vehicles, jetpacks! Predator armor (your invisible unless you get hit or shoot :P ), etc etc... it almost seems limitless sometimes XD. And I can now download them from the PS3 browser :) Which is just awesome!

I am DEFINITELY jealous of the split screen ^^ but that could totally be added in a patch :) Unless that of course remains exclusive, which it honestly might :D. But split screen doesn't equal anywhere near as much value as the self customization you can give the unreal franchise. I'll dump hours into the game just to test out some new mods or stages :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.