Forums - Gaming Discussion - EA free next gen upgrades will only last for limited amount of months. Madden 21.

3 months time limit seems reasonable for a game that has a total time limit of 12 months.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

Typical EA behavior: when having the option of being nice or being a dick, they always go for the second one.

It won't surprise me if the upgrade is available after the limit, but for a price.

Please excuse my bad English.

Currently gaming on a PC with an i5-4670k@stock (for now), 16Gb RAM 1600 MHz and a GTX 1070

Steam / Live / NNID : jonxiquet    Add me if you want, but I'm a single player gamer.

jason1637 said:
Hiku said:

How many have announced that they're going to provide Smart Delivery content for free?
I only know CD Project Red off the top of my head. But I imagine most companies do not want to make any promises at this stage. 

According to the Verge Ubisoft, Sega, Deep Silver, codemaster, CD Project Red and Bandai are some lare publishers that announced support will support it. https://www.theverge.com/2020/5/7/21250334/xbox-series-x-free-games-smart-delivery-one-upgrade-list-ea

From what I'm understanding, this seems to specify 11 games.
And there may be financial incentive involved from MS to promote this feature around launch.

But aside from CD Project Red, I'm not sure if any company has committed to always have these upgrades be free.
Maybe they only will if they get financial incentive from the platform holder.

Last edited by Hiku - on 07 May 2020

Hiku said:
jason1637 said:

EA is the only major publisher doing this. Others are using MS Smart Delivery (buy one game works on every supported Xbox).

How many have announced that they're going to provide Smart Delivery content for free?
I only know CD Project Red off the top of my head. But I imagine most companies do not want to make any promises at this stage. 

https://www.ign.com/wikis/xbox-series-x/Xbox_Series_X_Smart_Delivery_Games

Can't be the only one who thinks that MS simply gave them a big cheque to force their hand in following their program. Even has bad as it is, they still went with the limited time offer which is litteraly there to edge people who gets easily taken by FOMO.

Exploitation at it's best.

Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

Around the Network
JEMC said:
Typical EA behavior: when having the option of being nice or being a dick, they always go for the second one.

It won't surprise me if the upgrade is available after the limit, but for a price.

The upgrade option for a price will definitely be there even after the limit, for a price of full game of course.

Its actually better than I expected from EA lol.