By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - CoD4 map pack smashes Halo to bits

mrstickball said:
shio said:
The problem is now you'll see developers cut off content made throughout the games' development and make priced DLC. Good thing I'm a PC gamer, I will never get ripped off like that.

Yeah, episodic content for every game, $15 a month for WoW, expansion packs for nearly every game. Your DEFINATELY not getting ripped off. PC developers have seen the light, and realized that add-on content NEVER worked in the PC market.

Oh wait, the reason we have Console DLC is because of PC Developers!

... dude, people are paying $10 for some ripped-off maps, when you can just get much better maps for free on PC. They're just ripping money off people, since it was probably just 1 guy working on them for a week. If Infinity Ward had made a new online mode, or another small singleplayer campaign, and sold it for $10, then that would actually be ok in my book.

And you shouldn't compare with WoW: Different types of games, and besides, most of the money you pay is going for employment and server costs, and Blizzard also keeps adding ALOT of content throughout the time. And the expansion packs are by itself, bigger than 99.99% of all games ever released.

Episodic content? Certainly not as much of a rip-off as a map pack made by 1 guy in less than a week. Sam & MAx is selling $9 per episode but that's a good value, especially when Telltale will actually send you a free Sam&Max disc for buying the entire episodes.

lol, "Add-on content never worked on PC market", you're a funny guy! You know I'd never guess that when The Sims franchise sold  about 70 million add-on contents, which is pretty much more than the entire Add-contents sold in consoles ever; I'd never guess that when near every single RPG released on PC gets amazing expansions which rival even the best games: Neverwinter Nights 2's expansion, "Mask of the Betrayer", simply had THE best story and narrative last year, making games like Mass Effect and Persona 3 look like fools. Only The Witcher came close.

Around the Network

You guys do you realise that only one of the four maps comes from the campaign (Broadcast)

Im playing it on Xbox Live now, this game rocks, im definatly getting these maps instead of the Halo legendary

Call of Duty 4 in general smashes halo to bits