By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - World War Z announced for Switch

Article

Saber Interactive, the studio behind the Switch port of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt, has revealed that it’s bringing World War Z to Switch.

World War Z is a four-player cooperative third-person shooter. Hundreds of zombies can sometimes appear on screen, and the game also supports four players online. Saber CEO Matt Karch said that giving everything involved, the Switch port has been “the hardest thing that we have had to do”.

Karch mentioned to IGN:

“The biggest challenge was finding which compromises could be made to the game which wouldn’t have a significant impact on the visuals. We needed to make sure the game looked great, fit into the Switch’s memory and ran at a solid frame rate. There was really no single factor which made this a reality. We experimented constantly for the first few months until we found that balance. Keep in mind that we are rendering scenes with hundreds of enemies and four players online. Getting this to run on the Switch is the hardest thing that we have had to do – this is true even though we are porting our own [Swarm] engine over to the platform.”

World War Z is currently in development for Nintendo Switch and Publisher Focus Home Interactive has also announced that World War Z GOTY Edition is launching on May 5 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC.

Source

Last edited by Shikamo - on 16 April 2020

(=^・ω・^=) Kuroneko S2 - Ore no Imouto - SteamMyAnimeList and Twitter - PSN: Gustavo_Valim - Switch FC: 6390-8693-0129 (=^・ω・^=)
Around the Network

Well damn, Nintendo really doesn't even have to lift a finger anymore and the games come by themselves.

I go to hospital for three days and all these ports get announced; this, Crysis, Jump Force...

I mean its a shame it's not new stuff but given the global situation, could definitely be worse.

Switch's third party support in 2020 seems to be holding at a similar level to 2019 so far. At least Outer Worlds, Blair Witch and Doom Eternal are current gen.

Also, so much for "no more Switch ports now THQ Nordic owns Saber"... 😜

Last edited by curl-6 - on 16 April 2020

Okay I wasn't really familiar with this game as I'm not into zombies, but after watching some gameplay, far out, definitely on the most ambitious switch ports to date.

Kudos to Saber for taking this one on, even if the game is not for me I am fascinated to see the technical end result.

Between this, Witcher 3 and Crysis they really seem set on claiming the throne as the ultimate Switch porting house. 

With all these ports, Nvidia + Nintendo really is a match made in heaven.

PC Specs: CPU: 7800X3D || GPU: Strix 4090 || RAM: 32GB DDR5 6000 || Main SSD: WD 2TB SN850

Around the Network
Captain_Yuri said:
With all these ports, Nvidia + Nintendo really is a match made in heaven.

Yeah Nintendo going for a modern, off the shelf chipset has really paid off for them this gen compared to the withered tech in Wii/3DS.

Not a bad deal for nvidia either as they'd designed a great mobile chip that nobody wanted haha.