By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - PC Discussion - RGB fans spin but won't light up

Tagged games:

So hey guys, if you went by my previous thread I finally built my PC.

Everything went fine, well except I got RGB fans that won't light up.

Each fan has only a 6 pin connector and go throught a controller that connects into the molex cable of my power supply.

When I turn my PC on everything else lights up, the fans spin but there is no light in them.

I got some cheap Redragon RGB fans, the model is GC-F007, I can't find much about them specifically regarding instalation, but I found similar ones that went by the same process I made and work fine.

It doesn't seem like it has any software to enable the lights as it just doesn't pass through the motherboard at all, and as the fans only have one connector there is nowhere else to plug them aside of the controller.

Pressing any button on the remote or on the controller won't make a thing either.

So I'm puzzled on what could it be.

I doubt all the leds are faulty, and the controller work since the fans get the power to spin.

What do you think could solve it?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by BraLoD - on 10 April 2020

Around the Network

Did you try the reset switch?



             

                               Anime: Haruhi                                                                                      Anime: Love Live
                              Nsfw Anime Thread                                                                             Join our Anime Threads!
                             Sfw Anime Thread                                                                                VGC Tutorial Thread

this is all I could find look down the bottom https://www.redragonzone.com/products/redragon-gc-f007-computer-case-120mm-pc-cooling-fan-rgb-led-quiet-high-airflow-adjustable-color-led-fan-cpu-cooler-and-radiators-3-packs



Captain_Yuri said:
Did you try the reset switch?

You mean plug the reset sw on it?



mjk45 said:

this is all I could find look down the bottom https://www.redragonzone.com/products/redragon-gc-f007-computer-case-120mm-pc-cooling-fan-rgb-led-quiet-high-airflow-adjustable-color-led-fan-cpu-cooler-and-radiators-3-packs

Oooh it needs to be in order? Thank you haha



Around the Network
BraLoD said:
mjk45 said:

this is all I could find look down the bottom https://www.redragonzone.com/products/redragon-gc-f007-computer-case-120mm-pc-cooling-fan-rgb-led-quiet-high-airflow-adjustable-color-led-fan-cpu-cooler-and-radiators-3-packs

Oooh it needs to be in order? Thank you haha

Your welcome ,but most importantly did it work.



mjk45 said:
BraLoD said:

Oooh it needs to be in order? Thank you haha

Your welcome ,but most importantly did it work.

Yes it did, as soon as I read it there, thank you.