By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - (Rumor) Resident Evil 8 details leaked, Q1 2021 release, Ethan and Chris return, and more

It seems the game has been in development since RE7 times and was going to be revelations 3, but changed to Re8 cause the big shots of Capcom liked what they saw.

Around the Network
shikamaru317 said:

One way around the that problem would be to contract new Res spinoff action games out to 3rd party studios while handling the games focused on classic survival horror internally. I still think that Capcom jumped the gun by closing Capcom Vancouver, they would have been perfect for developing games for the action Res fanbase, since Dead Rising wasn't selling well. Instead Capcom shut them down completely after DR4 flopped, cancelling the new IP they were developing as well. 

This could work, but we all know Capcom has issues regarding how they budget and save their money. I think they really need to put more effort into how they handle who they hire, what budgets to put out for and when to do them. As of right now, we're currently seeing them adopting the CoD approach, as in them spamming RE after RE on a yearly basis. This could work for them, but it could also cripple their funds, if they do not play their cards right.

I also feel like they need to further expand their RE engine, as for now, it still seems to go for only small hand crafted worlds, and even then a lot of the assets within each map space are cut in half (thanks to seeing how they work their magic via camera hacks for RE 2-3). We also saw a limitation in gore with RE3, so I think they should further advance their engine's capabilities, rather than pulling a Bethesda and simply sticking with the engine for decades, while only adding minimal improvements. RE games are looking better each year, but with RE3, we're starting to notice limitations, so it's best they do away with those sooner, rather than 5 years from now. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"