By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Banjo Kazooie 3 has been seen my members of the gaming press!!!!

This forum needs more 360 lovers. If only to balance out SDF j/k

Around the Network

Oh damn they saw your member!!! Oh wait, they only saw Banjo Kazooie 3? pfff...misleading title :(

;-p Hehe, I can't wait to until they can start talking more about what they've seen! :)

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

selnor said:
Dragon007 said:
Why are you getting excited about Banjo 3, Rare died a long time ago.
LOL. Only the Goldeneye team left. The Banjo Kazooie team is pretty much in tact. I'm certainly excited. I also loved conquer on Xbox. Which was after the split.

That's not true. The Goldeneye/Perfect Dark team left to form Free Radical, and the BK team remains largely intact, but the founding members and brains behind Rare were the Stamper brothers. They were responsible for creating Donkey Kong Country (the second biggest selling game on the SNES) and developed the ground-breaking graphics techniques that set Rare apart from the rest of the pack. They left at the beginning of last year.

I reckon this game will be amazing, like my member (wait what?). The team getting the game up and going is the original Banjo team.

The EP is the original creator of the series.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

I'll say again. The Banjo Kazooie team is still almost entirely in-tact.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Around the Network
Played_Out said:
selnor said:
Dragon007 said:
LOL. Only the Goldeneye team left. The Banjo Kazooie team is pretty much in tact. I'm certainly excited. I also loved conquer on Xbox. Which was after the split.

That's not true. The Goldeneye/Perfect Dark team left to form Free Radical, and the BK team remains largely intact, but the founding members and brains behind Rare were the Stamper brothers. They were responsible for creating Donkey Kong Country (the second biggest selling game on the SNES) and developed the ground-breaking graphics techniques that set Rare apart from the rest of the pack. They left at the beginning of last year.

Um you really should try to provide a link. You are wrong.

"Leading the Rare team into the next generation of interactive entertainment as Studio Director is Mark Betteridge, a 19 year veteran of Rare who also worked at Ultimate. As software director at Rare, Mark has led the software development teams and helped create numerous hit franchises over the years. Gregg Mayles, the creative force behind such titles as Donkey Kong Country, Viva Piñata and the next iteration from the Banjo Kazooie franchise, will serve as Creative Director, responsible for overseeing all titles in development and the origination of new IP." 

http://news.spong.com/article/11427/Microsoft_Says_Thanks_to_Stamper_Bros?cb=927

As far as I remeber also that The graphics for DK Country (which was the only really groundbreaking graphics they have done in that it was on snes and looked better than alot of PS1 titles at the time.) were simply done on the Jurrassic Park software they used for the film.

Produced using Nintendo's proprietary video game technology, Advanced Computer Modeling (ACM), Donkey Kong Country features stunning, completely computer-rendered graphics. The game's characters were designed using the same software and Silicon Graphic's workstations and supercomputers that helped bring the special effects to life in major motion pictures such as "Jurassic Park" and "Forrest Gump."

http://www.allbusiness.com/consumer-products/computing-products-consumer-software/7087949-1.html

Research first. Stamper bros were no more than busines and Creative. 

People always act like ex Rare employees were the only ones that could program.

I mean, if Rare got boguht by Midway or Atari I'd be worries...but as long as you pump money in to a company and hire talent, you will get a good product in return.

selnor said:
Dragon007 said:

I loved Conker too! Still, aside from the first few minutes, and the multi-player online, it was a graphically enhanced, exact port of the N64 game! I still have high hopes for Banjo, though. It's a make or break game for "Rare".

I hope to see info, starting to get excited for this game.