By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2020 is not normal

Yakuza 7 has new game+ and higher difficulty behind a DLC paywall! Wheeeee! If you're a fan of Yakuza or Ryu ga Gotoku Studios in general, you know this is a dirty cockslap to the face. My most anticipated game of the year has been torpedoed into a no-buy. 2020!

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

Around the Network

Honestly, I'm fine with this in a way. It'll make it much easier to lay off the new game purchases this year (which oddly enough was my plan long before the virus thing had cropped up anyway). This will allow me to stockpile some more cash and also focus more hours on review games and my insane backlog as well as my writing work.

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

mZuzek said:
It definitely isn't normal, and I even feel like there's a little more to it than just video game release dates.

We've got a stupid as fuck temp law here, where no one, and I mean no one, is allowed 6ft near one another. Stores are only allowing 5 people in at a time, no cash in hand allowed, have tow ear gloves, only one tin of soup per person (same for pasta), game stores temp closing down, night clubs/pubs shut down until further notice, and restaurants just flat out not serving, takeouts not taking cash in hand, as well as dropping the food at your doorstep, no matter the weather.

It's absolutely not normal at all, and it's starting to really piss me off. Like holy hell, I don't think I've ever had this much irl frustration in my entire life (I have outstanding bills to pay but no one will accept cash, and the banks are closed...wtf am I supposed to even do?).

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
mZuzek said:
It definitely isn't normal, and I even feel like there's a little more to it than just video game release dates.

We've got a stupid as fuck temp law here, where no one, and I mean no one, is allowed 6ft near one another. Stores are only allowing 5 people in at a time, no cash in hand allowed, have tow ear gloves, only one tin of soup per person (same for pasta), game stores temp closing down, night clubs/pubs shut down until further notice, and restaurants just flat out not serving, takeouts not taking cash in hand, as well as dropping the food at your doorstep, no matter the weather.

It's absolutely not normal at all, and it's starting to really piss me off. Like holy hell, I don't think I've ever had this much irl frustration in my entire life (I have outstanding bills to pay but no one will accept cash, and the banks are closed...wtf am I supposed to even do?).

Where are you?

Research shows Video games  help make you smarter, so why am I an idiot

mZuzek said:

Take one, and kickback... relax.

Now repeat after me "This is fine!"

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 March 2020

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Chazore said:

Come to Brazil, then.

Here, the president treats the pandemic like a joke and all the politicians and rich people are making video pleas for people to go out on the streets and take kids to school and continue on living their lives normally - after all, in the words of one of these rich people, "the death of 5-7 thousand people is meaningless compared to the danger to the economy". Cool stuff.

Just stay at home, dude.

Brazil has a population of like ~210 million.
If this only kills 7 thousand people there, thats getting off lightly.

Chazore said:
mZuzek said:

That sounds very differnt from how things are in denmark.

Appart from hand sanitisers required used, before entery, and also after leaveing shops, and keeping good distances.... its almost like normal here.
Supermarkets are still fully stocked with everything ect, there arnt limits on what or how much you can buy. Also yes, they want card/plastic, instead of money in hand.

Yes night clubs/pubs are shut down, thats just good common sense.
Restaurants, still have take out here.... and dropping food at doorstep is smart.

"I don't think I've ever had this much irl frustration in my entire life"

You sound like you need that Corona beer more than the other guy.
Did you expect things to just go on as if absolutely nothing was going on, mid a pandemic?

40-60% of the worlds population might get this, and it'll kill untold numbers of the elderly.
Lots of young people will get scaring on their lunges, and be marked forever by it.

Last edited by JRPGfan - on 27 March 2020

Vanga predicted this.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

COKTOE said:
Yakuza 7 has new game+ and higher difficulty behind a DLC paywall! Wheeeee! If you're a fan of Yakuza or Ryu ga Gotoku Studios in general, you know this is a dirty cockslap to the face. My most anticipated game of the year has been torpedoed into a no-buy. 2020!

I admire your fortitude. 

If it was me in your position and the game was either cyberpunk or halo... I'd fold and buy them day one 

I live in one of the most hard hit countries and I can honestly say that this year has been almost exclusively positive for me. My introversion is no longer treated as weird, but as heroism, I work less and from home, despite my employer previously saying that was impossible. My lifestyle hasn't changed a bit.

The only negative thing I can think of is that I am currently unsure if my fully planned Japan trip this October is still gonna happen. And if it is not I'm gonna save a shit ton of money. Can't wait what cool things 2021 has in store for me.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.