By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Any new of a much needed American XBox 360 price cut?

With the launch of GTA 4 in less than two weeks time. GT 5 Prologue being launched on PS3 this week in America.. Is there any news of a Xbox 360 price cut. Of all regions a price cut in America would be much needed. 360 has only had one price cut in over two years since its been launched in the USA.

So people discuss this issue XBox 360 needs a price cut in America now.

Around the Network
Rock_on_2008 said:

With the launch of GTA 4 in less than two weeks time. GT 5 Prologue being launched on PS3 this week in America.. Is there any news of a Xbox 360 price cut. Of all regions a price cut in America would be much needed.

So people discuss this issue XBox 360 needs a price cut in America now.

It needs a pricecut? As far as i can remember the x360 had a lead in last months NPD, and GTA will push it into lead further again.

Neos - "If I'm posting in this thread it's just for the lulz."
Tag by the one and only Fkusumot!

360 sales will pick up with GTA 4 launch but for long lasting increase in sales in America there needs to be a price cut on all XBox 360 SKU's.

I also thought they'd do a price cut before GTA4 but seeing as they're essentially tied with the PS3 in sales now, maybe they'll focus on raking the money in, as they did with Halo 3.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Maybe they're making too much money and it is costing Sony a lot to sell at that rate with a low dollar.

Tease.

Around the Network

I will say that I honestly expected an Xbox 360 price cut before GTAIV. But now that appears to be debunked I would say one of the following will happen:

-GTAIV will have a prolonged (4-6 month) effect on console sales, which will lead MS to maintain their price until September or November when we will see a BIG price cut.

-GTAIV will either have a short-term effect (1-2 months) on console sales or will offer a proportionately bigger console boost to Sony, leading MS to make a $50 price cut in June or July. MS would hope this would sustain console sales into the holidays, but if not would offer a further price cut at the end of the year.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS