By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Anyone knows any good gaming website that pays for you to write on it?

I like discussing.I like exposing my opinion about a certain topic and then see people read it and have a good, nice discussion about the subject.Why?The simple reason is because its fun.There isnt much more to it than that.

Having said that, I would like to monetize this hobby of mine.Yeah yeah, its not the most glorious thing to do, but Im not in the best of scenarios right now, my family is is a bad situation, financially speaking, and honestly, I just want more money to buy games and hang out with my friends.

So does anyone know a site where they accept guest opinion pieces or allows to write an article once a week(give or take) and pay?And most importantly, that is friendly to newbies?I want to start somewhere.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Around the Network

I don't know of any.....You should just forget about it and try to find a box of money.

Good luck though. Maybe I'm wrong.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."

@Machina : Is there any openings on the VGC writers team?

@Nautilus : From what I remember, what's required from Machina to assess if you'd be fit to be a writer is a sample of the content you'd be providing the site.

Signature goes here!

Make your own I guess and get ads

Last edited by Leynos - on 06 February 2020

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

TruckOSaurus said:

@Machina : Is there any openings on the VGC writers team?

@Nautilus : From what I remember, what's required from Machina to assess if you'd be fit to be a writer is a sample of the content you'd be providing the site.

Was waiting for it but the recruitment never showed up

Lost the timing for the last one

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Feel free to send a sample of your writing (something you'd consider worth publishing on the site) to csnow@vgchartz.com and I'll give it a read and discuss it with Vek.

Fair warning though - don't expect to make a huge amount (pay is $10 per 1,000 unique hits).

Thanks.I think I will be able to send a piece until the end of the weekend.

Machina said:

Feel free to send a sample of your writing (something you'd consider worth publishing on the site) to csnow@vgchartz.com and I'll give it a read and discuss it with Vek.

Fair warning though - don't expect to make a huge amount (pay is $10 per 1,000 unique hits).

@Machina 

Sent!

Don't do it without proper free time and a true passion for writing. I used to write and get paid for articles on Lens of Truth back in the day. The other staff was great and I did have fun for a while, but when it came to reviews it made gaming feel like a chore to me. I had to rush from game to game without being able to explore too much beyond the main plot so I would be satisfied with the number of reviews I put out. It made a hobby for fun...well not fun anymore.

There is a different feeling when playing games for pure fun and playing as a second job. I am not telling to to give up on it if you REALLY wanna do it, but it is just something to consider.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

Shiken said:

Don't do it without proper free time and a true passion for writing. I used to write and get paid for articles on Lens of Truth back in the day. The other staff was great and I did have fun for a while, but when it came to reviews it made gaming feel like a chore to me. I had to rush from game to game without being able to explore too much beyond the main plot so I would be satisfied with the number of reviews I put out. It made a hobby for fun...well not fun anymore.

There is a different feeling when playing games for pure fun and playing as a second job. I am not telling to to give up on it if you REALLY wanna do it, but it is just something to consider.

Kind of selfish by my part, but I only want to do opinion pieces, with a top 10 list here and there, with only some occasional reviews.

You are not the first to say about how tiresome and grueling working for a website about games can be, so thats why I would like to do only write about what I want and that would be my condition to work for someone regarding this kind of professional.Obviously I would be flexible, but I would never tire myself out or rush through a game because of a deadline.Otherwise I wouldnt do it, mostly because it wouldnt be my primary job.

Either way, I dont know if I have a passion per say, but I do enjoy quite a lot to write and talk about games, so I would be happy to write about them, as long as its something Im interested in.