By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Jason Schreier: Sony's Horizon coming to PC later this year

Hopefully Persona 5 comes to PC.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Jranation said:

Not really anything to do with Sony, but I may pick it up if it did.

Jranation said:

Considering Yakuza came, perhaps Persona will as well.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Barkley said:
Jranation said:

Not really anything to do with Sony, but I may pick it up if it did.

Oh I just thought Sony had an agreement with Atlus to make it exclusive to PS. It would make more people interested in Persona 6. 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

MS is 3rd party for Playstation with Minecraft so it's only fair that Sony puts something on Windows.

I think it's great that Sony is heading down the same path as MS or Sega.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

Around the Network
DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Fucking what? All the talk you make about how great Sony software is and supporting Sony and devs and just because they put games on PC you’d start pirating all of it? Nonsense. 

I love my pocket much more than Sony, and I wouldn't stop playing the games I would stop expending money.

Exactly. Much better to save the cash and give it directly to Nvidia and AMD so they can spend it on improving graphics tech instead of R+D for Bluray or VR or whatever.

Nov 2016 - NES outsells PS1 (JP)

Don't Play Stationary 4 ever. Switch!

0D0 said:
Zoombael said:
Sony to give away their guns when they require them the most? This level of incompetence i expect from Microsoft.

This is my first gut feeling reaction too.

We're getting to an age where consoles are just tech boxes that run games. Sony first party content is one of the best Sony strengths.

Skeeuk said:

Terrible move imo. if PS exclusives start hitting PC then I'd just beef up my pc rig and skip PS5 

Yeah. We've got to see if it'll be a move for all first party content or just a few gems to sort of market PS content.

Cerebralbore101 said:

It's a bad thing for consumers in the long run. PS5 isn't going to do very well compared to PS4, which will speed up the move to a streaming, and digital-only future, where games are sold for daylight robbery prices. Oh this game is two years old? Lol we want $60 for a digital copy! Now you're forced to either wait for a "sale" at 30% off, or pay our extortion prices! Meanwhile that same game would be found for $20 at a used game shop.

Digital games prices need to be $45 at launch, $30 after a year, and $15 after a year and a half. You aren't paying for anything other than a packet of information. Producing a million digital copies costs about the same as producing ten million digital copies. They don't have any overhead like console publishing fees, shipping costs, returns, etc. That saved money should be passed on to the consumer. Instead publishers aim to screw their customers and make as much money as quickly as possible.

The packet of information is the game which is the product that you're buying.

Besides as much everybody would want your price logic to be true, the fact is that that's not how market prices work. In economy and trade, price is not the sum of all costs. Price equation is far more complicated than that but to sum it up, it's mostly the perceived market value of the product.

Yeah, yeah, I can sell my toilet water to a guy in the desert that's dying of thirst for $100 a bottle. I suppose you are one of those people that thinks the American healthcare system has every right to charge hundreds for insulin too huh?

Supply of digital copies is infinite. Why doesn't price go down? The market is rigged, that's why. Killing off physical games is just further rigging of the market.

I'm excited! I've wanted to play this game for a while, but I don't have a PS4. This could be a marketing move to entice PC owners to buy a PS5 with Horizon 2.

Playing Xenoblade 2 before I buy Xenoblade 3 (otherwise I couldn't wait to play 3).

Can they announce a new Fire Emblem? A remake of Genealogy or Tellius would suffice !

Pyro as Bill said:
MS is 3rd party for Playstation with Minecraft so it's only fair that Sony puts something on Windows.

I think it's great that Sony is heading down the same path as MS or Sega.

Well they are making MLB The Show multiplat. That is a Sony dev and game that used to be exclusive.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

I'm mixed about this. Yeah, it's great that the game is coming to PC (blah, blah, yadda, yadda), with hopefully a fully realized graphics settings menu to allow for the game to really shine. But what this tells me about console gaming in general is that exclusives are slowly losing their status as "the current meta". In other words, this isn't so much about HZD for me as it is about the direction that home consoles are going.

Maybe the PS5/Series X will be the final home consoles (as we know it), and Sony has determined that the additional revenue they would gain from putting their exclusives on PC outweighs the value of strengthening their brand with exclusives. Sony is exchanging a part of their brand power for cash.

As a gamer who wants to see a PS5, PS6, PS7, etcetera, it scares me a little bit to see them make moves like this.

Maybe this is too dramatic, but it's partly how I feel (and am not ashamed to admit it):

Let me take you back to March of 2017... Horizon was a PlayStation game. The Switch had just released. Both BotW and Horizon were critically acclaimed. It was a PlayStation versus Nintendo thing... Hordes of PlayStation fans grabbed their pitchforks and went to MC to give BotW a low user-score, while legions of Nintendo fans put on their favorite musk and review-bombed Horizon in what was colloquially known as the biggest circle-jerk in videogame history.

These are people who never even played the game they are leaving a sore review for. Aloy represented PlayStation, while Link represented Nintendo. And now, almost three years later, we come to find out that Horizon is no longer going to be a PlayStation exclusive. Seriously?! Countless Sony fans put their ass on the line during the aforementioned circle jerk, and now they just get thrown under the bus. It's like joining the Air Force, going to war, and then coming back home four years later to be stripped of your citizenship. It's feel bad man.

(Just in case you couldn't tell, the second half of my post was a joke.)