By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Xbox 360 Europe Sales Doubled Since Price Drop! - Microsoft

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/14048/15072/xbox-360-sales-double-europe.phtml

No Exact figures where given... here's a quick summary of the article for those too lazy to click the link

Microsoft says that the "momentum" behind Xbox 360 continues to grow, as the company announces that European sales have more than doubled in since the recent price cuts, with entry level pricing now at £160, "significantly broadening the console's audience."

"Xbox 360 is truly the next-generation console of choice among consumers, and today's numbers are proof that we are delivering on our commitment to achieve critical mass in Europe," said Chris Lewis, vice president, Microsoft interactive entertainment business Europe.

Microsoft says that the Xbox 360 is now officially the number one next-gen console in EMEA, owning 42% of the market in terms of life-to-date revenue. (?? - Life to date revenue - ??)

Now is that doubled compared to this time last year? Doubled compared to the week before the price cut? Did the sales exactly double or is the number rounded up?

Who knows... maybe we'll find out at some later point, but at least we know that MS thinks they're doing a good job

Proud Member of GAIBoWS (Gamers Against Irrational Bans of Weezy & Squilliam)

Around the Network

It's probably doubled from the week before the price drop. As we can see in others, it's still losing handidly to the PlayStation 3.

this is in the news section

PooperScooper said:
this is in the news section

oh well.. lock thread.. I'll try again tomorrow!

REPOST

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
gebx said:

http://www.pocket-lint.co.uk/news/news.phtml/14048/15072/xbox-360-sales-double-europe.phtml

No Exact figures where given... here's a quick summary of the article for those too lazy to click the link

Microsoft says that the "momentum" behind Xbox 360 continues to grow, as the company announces that European sales have more than doubled in since the recent price cuts, with entry level pricing now at £160, "significantly broadening the console's audience."

"Xbox 360 is truly the next-generation console of choice among consumers, and today's numbers are proof that we are delivering on our commitment to achieve critical mass in Europe," said Chris Lewis, vice president, Microsoft interactive entertainment business Europe.

Microsoft says that the Xbox 360 is now officially the number one next-gen console in EMEA, owning 42% of the market in terms of life-to-date revenue. (?? - Life to date revenue - ??)

Now is that doubled compared to this time last year? Doubled compared to the week before the price cut? Did the sales exactly double or is the number rounded up?

Who knows... maybe we'll find out at some later point, but at least we know that MS thinks they're doing a good job

I think compared to last year.  Damn gebx you seem to be a rational poster now.  If only the other xbox fanboys took a hint and did the same.

Auron said:
gebx said:

I think compared to last year.  Damn gebx you seem to be a rational poster now.  If only the other xbox fanboys took a hint and did the same.

Ah.. Auron... hmm I'm not sure if your term of rational is actually a compliment...

Specially looking at your flamebait sig.. where did you get those? Also its funny that some of them statements are actually from PS3 fanboys.. Wii not an HD console? Wii is a gimmick?? You're telling me only xbots say that? I think you're forgetting that it was MS who coined the term Wii360 which xbots rallied around stating you could buy a 360+Wii for the price of a PS3.. oh well, like I was saying, your "rational" views don't really mean much.