By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Temtem, a Poke'mon like MMO.

This game looks like it has potential. I'm just a little confused over how they could take so much from the Poke'mon formula without getting sued into the ground. I guess copyright for game design must run out in 20 years time. I know a lot of games have borrowed from other games, but this just looks like a carbon copy of Poke'mon (with all the improvements that people have been wanting for the last ten years). There's a difference between borrowing heavily and just flat out taking somebody else's entire game design and reusing it.

Don't get me wrong, I'm excited to see this game get released. I've enjoyed Sw/Sh but not nearly as much as I'd like to. THere's a laundry list of things that GameFreak needs to fix with the series. Online needs to be modernized. Competitive gameplay needs to be balanced, etc. 

Around the Network

Has potential. I like the art style. Hope its good.
I wish we'd get a Dragon Warrior Monsters for Switch (or any home console really). As far as "pokemon copycats" go thats the best IMO and the monster designs are so good. But the series kinda lost me with the Joker entries.

I like color in my games but this feels like a little too much.

Lost me at MMO

ARamdomGamer said:
Lost me at MMO

That just means you can play with people in a modern online fashion. It's a single player game with competitive features where a large group of people can join a lobby for competitive battling. 

Imagine if MHW had it so you could see every single player running around the main encampment in your server. But not so many that you can't see the game. It's gonna be like that. 

Last edited by Cerebralbore101 - on 06 December 2019

Around the Network
Cerebralbore101 said:
ARamdomGamer said:
Lost me at MMO

That just means you can play with people in a modern online fashion. It's a single player game with competitive features where a large group of people can join a lobby for competitive battling. 

Imagine if MHW had it so you could see every single player running around the main encampment in your server. But not so many that you can't see the game. It's gonna be like that. 

Well what I get from the trailer, is that is more designed towards being a game that you want to play with others online, doing quests and the like, it has single player, but even that seems more designed towards multiplayer.

Jpcc86 said:
Has potential. I like the art style. Hope its good.
I wish we'd get a Dragon Warrior Monsters for Switch (or any home console really). As far as "pokemon copycats" go thats the best IMO and the monster designs are so good. But the series kinda lost me with the Joker entries.

I though Dragon Warrior Monster was superior to Pokemon.

Wow... that is quite shameless.

I think the idea is to purposely be shameless. Game is rockin alot of features weve been asking of Pokemon for over a decade and they want you to know that with as little guesswork as possible.

Hopefully competition provides a good kick in the pants for Game Freak. We need another legit Dragon Quest Monsters game on Switch - and for Yokai Watch 4 to get localized.

Retro Tech Select - My Youtube channel. Covers throwback consumer electronics with a focus on "vid'ya games."

Latest Video: Top 12: Best Games on the N64 - Special Features, Episode 7