Forums - Sony Discussion - State of Play December 10

Tagged games:

twintail said:
estebxx said:

Completely agree, i rather they save their announcements for one big show instead of making a bunch of small videos that are mostly dissapointing... so far only the FF7 trailer and TLOU II SOP got me hyped.

Im not against smaller games like the ones that have been shown (in fact i think its pretty great that they give those games a spotlight), but i gotta be honest i dont tune in to see some small indie games, i wanna see some big game reveals be it 1st or 3rd party and updates on the games we know are coming.

Then don't tune in. 

Not a very hard thing to do. 

Never said i would to begin with.

That being said while i agreed with Jhon i dont hate it like him i just find it dissapointing compared to their old conferences, and while im not a fan of 90% of the stuff they show there is still the other 10% that i did enjoy, so i may or may not tune in depending on how busy i am that day since its not top priority for me like their old conferences used to be.



Around the Network
estebxx said:
twintail said:

Then don't tune in. 

Not a very hard thing to do. 

Never said i would to begin with.

That being said while i agreed with Jhon i dont hate it like him i just find it dissapointing compared to their old conferences, and while im not a fan of 90% of the stuff they show there is still the other 10% that i did enjoy, so i may or may not tune in depending on how busy i am that day since its not top priority for me like their old conferences used to be.

Conferences > SoP any day of the week.

 Buy these SoP are like 20 mins, if even. Besides not being a conference replacement, SoP takes up an inoffensive amoubt of tine.

If you believe they could have had an event, (or events as Jon miracously believes to be possible) when would it have taken place? 



You know why Sony stopped doing conferences??? Because just until 2016 the gaming press/forum sites were in love with Sony's conferences thanks to overwhelming success ones like E3 2013, E3 2015, E3 2016, PSX 2015, PSX 2016 that brought them huge views and clicks and lots of hype. But then, Switch happened and the hype started getting stronger about that console and when it launched in 2017 the gaming press/forum sites loved the console and something started to change among them.

By the time we arrived at E3 2017 the tables were starting to turn against Playstation. The press had their new "darling" with Switch and then they looked at Sony and basically started to say to them: "You better do better than what Nintendo is doing right now or we are going to love this thing to bits, we don't care at all what have you've done until now, we live in the present". And then Sony 2017 E3 PGW 2017 and PSX 2017 happened and some sites like Easy Allies, IGN, Giantbomb (that thrived during those previous Sony conferences) or forums like GAF/ERA started saying..."meh..., they're not as good anymore, disappointing...., bla bla bla", beacause Sony could not compete against their own success. Playstation had put the bar too high for themselves.

Meanwhile, Nintendo was gaining more and more success with the Direct format among its consumers. So when E3 2018 arrived and Sony showed some of their best games of the generation like TLOU 2, Spiderman 2, GOT and Death Stranding plus some cool new annoucements like RE 2, Control and Nioh 2 and was accused of having a "bad" E3 conference, Sony said: "That's enough, we are going to dial down the hype a year or two and generate expectation for the playstation brand again while we give you that direct format you like so much because you are ruining what we are doing with your stupid expectations and biased words. We'll see you again when you come back to your senses....good bye".

And that's what happened with Playstation since E3 2018 until now. Keeping silence and remembering people the hard way, that you really need what Playstation brings to the table, that you need its hype. That's why when Sony decides to announce they're a going to do a conference again the hype will be much higher again, like it used to be.

So yes, until then we have to shallow these States of plays because it's this or nothing. That's the reality of things right now. We'll see what happens in 2020....



twintail said:
estebxx said:

Never said i would to begin with.

That being said while i agreed with Jhon i dont hate it like him i just find it dissapointing compared to their old conferences, and while im not a fan of 90% of the stuff they show there is still the other 10% that i did enjoy, so i may or may not tune in depending on how busy i am that day since its not top priority for me like their old conferences used to be.

Conferences > SoP any day of the week.

 Buy these SoP are like 20 mins, if even. Besides not being a conference replacement, SoP takes up an inoffensive amoubt of tine.

If you believe they could have had an event, (or events as Jon miracously believes to be possible) when would it have taken place? 

I can't effing believe you are turning this into an argument,  and just extending this disscusion...  All i said Is that i find this SOP format dissapointing compared to their previous conferences focused format, and therefore i prefer the conferences over these SOP videos, that last statement being something you agreed with by saying:

"Conferences >SOP any day of the week"

Im not arguing over if there are good reasons or not for the change in format, nor did i ever said that it was offensive in terms of time, all i said was that i liked the old conferences format more so stop bringing other points (like 'when would it have taken place?") to turn such a simple statement into a disscusion, because I'm gonna be honest after spending so much time on the internet i realized that there are few things i hate more than wasting my time on pointless discussions.

And you wanna know why this Is completely pointless?

Because frankly Sony could have had the absolute BEST reasons to have changed the format, and there may be other incredibly good reasons why they dont even have time to make conferences anymore, and yet despite all of that i am still allowed to have the opinión that i vastly prefer the old conferences format to the new SOP format.



estebxx said:
twintail said:

Conferences > SoP any day of the week.

 Buy these SoP are like 20 mins, if even. Besides not being a conference replacement, SoP takes up an inoffensive amoubt of tine.

If you believe they could have had an event, (or events as Jon miracously believes to be possible) when would it have taken place? 

I can't effing believe you are turning this into an argument,  and just extending this disscusion...  All i said Is that i find this SOP format dissapointing compared to their previous conferences focused format, and therefore i prefer the conferences over these SOP videos, that last statement being something you agreed with by saying:

"Conferences >SOP any day of the week"

Im not arguing over if there are good reasons or not for the change in format, nor did i ever said that it was offensive in terms of time, all i said was that i liked the old conferences format more so stop bringing other points (like 'when would it have taken place?") to turn such a simple statement into a disscusion, because I'm gonna be honest after spending so much time on the internet i realized that there are few things i hate more than wasting my time on pointless discussions.

And you wanna know why this Is completely pointless?

Because frankly Sony could have had the absolute BEST reasons to have changed the format, and there may be other incredibly good reasons why they dont even have time to make conferences anymore, and yet despite all of that i am still allowed to have the opinión that i vastly prefer the old conferences format to the new SOP format.

I'm not. You're on a forum, for discussion.  I'm asking you a question so you can elaborate on something you said but didn't explain. 



Around the Network
twintail said:

I'm not. You're on a forum, for discussion.  I'm asking you a question so you can elaborate on something you said but didn't explain. 

Well you got your answer in my previous response, i simply do not care wether they can or cant do a big show neither do i care about when they could do it, all im saying is liked their previous conference format more than this one, and im glad we can agree at the very least on this.

Last edited by estebxx - on 08 December 2019

I can't wait to see some Ghosts of Tsushima footage! Hopefully we get some gameplay.



PotentHerbs said:
I can't wait to see some Ghosts of Tsushima footage! Hopefully we get some gameplay.

I really hope it's a ninja game play segment.  But i can see them keeping that for when marketing push really begins



I may look through the VR section if they show some interesting stuff.



Switch Friend Code : 3905-6122-2909 

And everyone hyping themselves up as usual, setting yourselfs up for disappointment.



 

China Numba wan!!