By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - PS4's last year: The best finale for a console ever?

RaptorChrist said:

What, there's an Ys 9? Is a western release confirmed? I am really enjoying Lacrimosa of DANA, which is the second Ys game I've played in addition to Origin, but I didn't know that they had one after that. I really like the island theme of 8, and I think that's going to be hard to top.

Came out last month in japan but theres no western release confirmed as of now. I loved Lacrimosa of Dana, so Im really hoping they do release 9 some time in the future. 

Last edited by Jpcc86 - on 16 October 2019

Around the Network

I'm only interested in last of us part 2. It feels like every year threads pop up asking if the following year is one of the best ever

Ka-pi96 said:
Why are you including games from two separate years? 2019 and 2020 aren't the same

Anyways, it's unlikely as far as I'm concerned. The Last of Us + Grand Theft Auto 5 was a brilliant final send off for the PS3 and I doubt any of the PS4's 2020 games will match either of those, let alone both of them combined, so I don't think it will take the title for me.

Don’t forget sly thieves in time, gt6, puppeteer, beyond 2 souls, into the nexus

I am Iron Man

2020 isn't going to be the last year of the Playstation 4 anyway. Sony doesn't just stop production and support (Especially a console that has been such a massive success!) as soon as new Hardware drops.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Ka-pi96 said:
Why are you including games from two separate years? 2019 and 2020 aren't the same

Anyways, it's unlikely as far as I'm concerned. The Last of Us + Grand Theft Auto 5 was a brilliant final send off for the PS3 and I doubt any of the PS4's 2020 games will match either of those, let alone both of them combined, so I don't think it will take the title for me.

I know gaming is subjective and all, but I have to disagre with this.

In the last year of the console Nov 2019 - Nov 2020. We have

1. Death stranding
  2. TLOU2
  3. FF7R
  4. CyberPunk
  5. GoT

And you compare that to just GTA5 and TLOU (well GT6 also came out in that year so let's not forget that)? And what makes it even better is that unlike with te PS3 in which only two of the three big releases that year was exclusive but in this case four of five games are exclusive. Nope... I honestly can't think of a better send off. And every game on that list has the potential of being at least 6M sellers. And that's me being conservative.

Last edited by Intrinsic - on 16 October 2019

Around the Network
Pemalite said:
2020 isn't going to be the last year of the Playstation 4 anyway. Sony doesn't just stop production and support (Especially a console that has been such a massive success!) as soon as new Hardware drops.

Come on man you know what the OP means. its going to be the last year where all the biggest games 100% are on the platform. Come 2021 I reckon the only games that make it to the PS4 are FIFA and NBA stuff. 

BraLoD said:
PS1, 1999:
Silent Hill, Final Fantasy VIII, Ape Escape, Persona 2: Innocent Sin, Driver, Syphon Filter, Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver, Tony Hawk's Pro Skater, Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, Crash Team Racing, Grand Theft Auto 2, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage!, Medal of Honor, Chrono Cross, Gran Turismo 2...
But none of those mean nothing, because 1999 was the year the best game ever was released: The Legend of Dragoon.
Sorry, nothing comes close.

OK, I stand corrected. 

It's all gonna end for me with TLoU2 and FF7R.

I dunno. When do you consider Dreamcast's last year?

Shenmue 3, persona 5 royal and ff7 remake. Yep its the best final year ever

I sometimes get caught reading earlier news when PS4 and Xbox One were about a year before they were released. How much anticipation was then. And now it's time again. It's going to be a damn long year. But a year full of anticipation.

Everything Sony did during and after the PS3 apparently served to make the PS4 what the PS2 was once. With these titles coming out in the next 12 months, Sony is giving the PS4 a unique end to its era. Maybe it's a bit daring, but the PS4 would have what it takes to sell 130 million units with this line-up by the end of 2020. If Sony were to lower the price even further, it might be 135 million or more. 

Sony has done so much right. And especially after several years of sales and some people wishing Sony the death, I'm just all the more pleased to see how they managed to take the helm with great effort and investment. If they can do everything right and actually bring a highlight like Gran Turismo 7 to the start of the PS5, then they can certainly be able to continue this success story.