By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Microsoft announces Xbox Game Pass for PC

Chazore said:
sethnintendo said:
Wouldn't mind seeing Forza (not horizon) on Steam. Main game they have on Steam is Halo Wars to my knowledge. They could put Halos up too. I refuse to buy off MS store so only way for them to make money from me is putting more games on Steam.

Thee is also Gears 5 to look forward to on Steam as well:

https://www.dsogaming.com/news/gears-5-is-officially-coming-to-steam-microsoft-announces-xbox-game-pass-for-pc/

I'd like to see more of this from MS going forward, as well as a complete store and refund system revamp. 

Also mod support would be nice as well, since Steam remains the only client storefront, that actively supports modding.

Yea I can see why they rather sell on their store since they get all the cut but if a person like myself was never going to buy from their store then they only have a gained consumer than no consumer at all.

Around the Network

Quite a change in strategy to offer their 1st party games on all the big PC stores now (to maximize sales) and instead betting on gamepass to bring the people into the Windows store/the "Xbox" ecosystem.

sethnintendo said:

Yea I can see why they rather sell on their store since they get all the cut but if a person like myself was never going to buy from their store then they only have a gained consumer than no consumer at all.

I've many reasons myself for not wanting to purchase from their store (digital refunds being loop-holed, so I cannot even get a refund for one), but I'm happy they are trying to put their games on other storefronts over time. This means a bigger reach for them and more long-tail profit going forward, instead of them just relying solely on their one storefront.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Lafiel said:
Quite a change in strategy to offer their 1st party games on all the big PC stores now (to maximize sales) and instead betting on gamepass to bring the people into the Windows store/the "Xbox" ecosystem.

The gamepass part is the cheapest deal they have going for their storefront. All they'd have to do, is make a complete revamp of the storefront, make it all about gaming first, put the pass up front and center, and they'll easily be able to garner some new memberships.

Personally I'm not one for any sort of gamepass, as I prefer to just buy my games and have them installed, rather than streamed or held via a sub plan. They'd get me using their storefront more often, if they were to add in more indie games, revamp their storefront completely, toss in mod support, toss in all the same sort of features Steam has, while also trying to support PC like genres. That'd get me on their storefront easily. I mean, I'm already gearing up for GoG Galaxy 2.0, based on it's promising new features alone. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

All I'm waiting for is a super subscription service that consolidates all my subscriptions in one package.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.