By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Rumor: Ubisoft will launch Ubisoft Pass Premium (possibly a EA Access type service)

DonFerrari said:
"No one will follow EA model" they told me.

Well, as anyone who didn't just use it for ammo against Sony knew, they were just waiting for EA to nail the important one, PS. Now, Sony has no good reason to not allow the others. In 5 years time, we'll have Activision, Besthesda, THQ Nordic, Focus Home, etc joining the party.

Lol, boy, are some people eating crow, now.

Around the Network

Double post.

Last edited by thismeintiel - on 28 May 2019

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Did anyone really say that? Or did they say the nonsense fear mongering that lots of people had about EA Access was far fetched? Because those people were saying that if EA Access was a success, then suddenly every publisher would have it. Well it's like a whole console generation later, EA Access is a success, and now maybe potentially one other pub is rumored to have a similar service maybe potentially probably. Seems the people doubting the fear mongering were exactly right.

Furthermore at the end of the day if its like EA Access, you're talking about an incredible value for gamers. The horror!!!1!1

Yes, because the month after Netflix started operating there were 10 copycats already right? Didn't took over a decade for it to become spreading like today and will get even more spread in the near future.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Did anyone really say that? Or did they say the nonsense fear mongering that lots of people had about EA Access was far fetched? Because those people were saying that if EA Access was a success, then suddenly every publisher would have it. Well it's like a whole console generation later, EA Access is a success, and now maybe potentially one other pub is rumored to have a similar service maybe potentially probably. Seems the people doubting the fear mongering were exactly right.

Furthermore at the end of the day if its like EA Access, you're talking about an incredible value for gamers. The horror!!!1!1

Yes, because the month after Netflix started operating there were 10 copycats already right? Didn't took over a decade for it to become spreading like today and will get even more spread in the near future.

Are you referring to the Netflix DVD by mail business model, or the streaming model? Because neither were original and neither took years for “copycats” to emerge. The idea for Netflix itself was the founders wanting to “copycat” Amazon.

What you’re referring to is simply the progression of technology, making it even sillier for people to whine about the potential damaging effects of EA Access.

You were one of those people making a big deal about it IIRC. If your doomsday predictions were accurate we’d have seen Ubisoft Access years ago. Plus Activision Plus. And Konami Unlimited, etc etc. Look how quick pubs are to copy other revenue streams like microtransactions and season pass and battle pass etc.

Of course the difference here is EAA is an amazing value if you’re into EA games. So basically people complaining about the service are just afraid of change. They’re the old people in the retail store yelling about how phones used to be so simple and asking why we need 4K.

Subscribe if you enjoy the games, or don’t. It doesn’t make a difference to how you experience the games currently. There’s nothing predatory about EA Access.

LudicrousSpeed said:
DonFerrari said:

Are you referring to the Netflix DVD by mail business model, or the streaming model? Because neither were original and neither took years for “copycats” to emerge. The idea for Netflix itself was the founders wanting to “copycat” Amazon.

What you’re referring to is simply the progression of technology, making it even sillier for people to whine about the potential damaging effects of EA Access.

You were one of those people making a big deal about it IIRC. If your doomsday predictions were accurate we’d have seen Ubisoft Access years ago. Plus Activision Plus. And Konami Unlimited, etc etc. Look how quick pubs are to copy other revenue streams like microtransactions and season pass and battle pass etc.

Of course the difference here is EAA is an amazing value if you’re into EA games. So basically people complaining about the service are just afraid of change. They’re the old people in the retail store yelling about how phones used to be so simple and asking why we need 4K.

Subscribe if you enjoy the games, or don’t. It doesn’t make a difference to how you experience the games currently. There’s nothing predatory about EA Access.

Making a big deal? No, making the right call out that this type of service can evolve to worse situations.

Just like the increase on streaming services (fine of you to deny that streaming have been increasing the number of services and each is losing value because of it). And the great number of exclusive shows or movies on each service have started putting people back to pirating since they won't sub to a service to watch a single show or movie. Or worse have 10 subs because they like 10 different shows one in each sub. This will be worse than cable tv real fast.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

Around the Network

If Netflix or Hulu were losing value, they wouldn’t be able to keep raising prices. Also, pirates are gonna pirate no matter what. The idea that they’d need some motivation or reason to pirate outside of wanting to not spend money is hilarious.

Streaming services are fine. Each of them have put a lot of money into developing original content that make the services worth it. You’d prefer a small handful of services that all have the same stuff? Or bidding wars for exclusive rights to certain shows or movies?

Haven’t some of you here argued for less of buying exclusives and paying for stuff and more of each console company developing their own stuff and making their libraries diverse and different from one another? Or is that just console warz nonsense spouted because Sony won this generation? Because the same thing has been happening in the streaming services space for awhile and yet you seem against it.

And again, if you don’t want to subscribe.... nothing changes for you. If you want to watch Star Trek, you have to subscribe to the CBS service. Handmaids Tale? Hulu. Ubisoft isn’t going to make you subscribe to play Ass Creed 2020 or Watch Dogs 3 lol.

LudicrousSpeed said:
If Netflix or Hulu were losing value, they wouldn’t be able to keep raising prices. Also, pirates are gonna pirate no matter what. The idea that they’d need some motivation or reason to pirate outside of wanting to not spend money is hilarious.

Streaming services are fine. Each of them have put a lot of money into developing original content that make the services worth it. You’d prefer a small handful of services that all have the same stuff? Or bidding wars for exclusive rights to certain shows or movies?

Haven’t some of you here argued for less of buying exclusives and paying for stuff and more of each console company developing their own stuff and making their libraries diverse and different from one another? Or is that just console warz nonsense spouted because Sony won this generation? Because the same thing has been happening in the streaming services space for awhile and yet you seem against it.

And again, if you don’t want to subscribe.... nothing changes for you. If you want to watch Star Trek, you have to subscribe to the CBS service. Handmaids Tale? Hulu. Ubisoft isn’t going to make you subscribe to play Ass Creed 2020 or Watch Dogs 3 lol.

Yes because price and value always go hand to hand. Netflix have gotten worse on the last 5 years and price rose. It may not take much longer for me to cancel mine.

And you pretending that a lot of content that was on Netflix have gone to other services either because the content creator opened their own service or found a better price is funny.

Just see crunchyroll that lost 3 animes I was watching or to start watching because Amazon and Netflix purchased the rights to them.

Also you are completely wrong on the piracy analysis. When Netflix made paying little for good and ample catalogue very practical piracy took a nose dive, and now after the dispersion of several subs it is regrowing.

Doing false parallel is not doing you any service.

You were saying EA Access success wouldn't give incentive to more companies doing it, and now you are trying to change your argument and put the fault on others.

I never said no other companies would do it. In fact in the recent thread about Sony finally bowing down and allowing the service, I said others would eventually have them. It’s just not the negativity shitstorm some here and elsewhere made it out to be, most likely said at the time only because PS4 wasn’t getting it lol.

Idc to argue opinions about the quality of Netflix or the value you get for the price, it’s all subjective. And piracy has always been a big thing and is bigger than ever. The idea that Netflix killed it or slowed it is as silly as when people would say that about Spotify. Not accurate.

Dulfite said:
BraLoD said:

Until you have to subscribe to 10 services to get all you want, paying a good buck on something will never be yours and you are never guaranteed to be able to keep playing.

Now buying games in the other hand... you buy exactly what you want and pay only for that and it's yours for your lifetime, to be enjoyed whenever you please never paying again.

Keep collecting physical games.

Well the thing is I would probably only get the Nintendo one, not the others (I'd just buy their individual get when I want them).

Also I used to be physical only, then hybrid, but now I'm digital only. It's simply too convenient, quick, and tramsport friendly. Not to mention you don't have e to worry about missing or damaged games then.

Well if you want to limit yourself only for Nintendo you'll be saving some buck.

But you could also buy and sell games to buy more.

There is some real expensive Nintendo stuff out there, you could even make money on it.

thismeintiel said:
DonFerrari said:

Well, as anyone who didn't just use it for ammo against Sony knew, they were just waiting for EA to nail the important one, PS. Now, Sony has no good reason to not allow the others. In 5 years time, we'll have Activision, Besthesda, THQ Nordic, Focus Home, etc joining the party.

Lol, boy, are some people eating crow, now.

Indeed, Sony was holding them back, now they know they can get in all systems, specially the PS, they'll start popping from everywhere.

This is what I feared back in the day. Damn you Sony, should have kept resisting.