By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Did you go PS1 or N64?

I owned an N64, but my brother had a Playstation. I liked the Playstation for Football sims mainly along with Metal Gear Solid, Grand Theft Auto. But loved the N64 for Zelda, Mario, Goldeneye, Banjo Kazooie, etc.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

Around the Network

I had a PS1, they were the "cool" thing to have back in the 90's. Had a lot of good years with that console, truly legendary! *Enters nostalgia mode*

Nintendo 64

Manchester United 2008-09 Season - Trophies & Records

Barclays Premier League 2008-09: 1st // UEFA Champions League 2008-09: Finals (Yet To Play) // FIFA Club World Cup: Winners // UEFA Super Cup: Runners-up // FA Cup: Semi-Finals // League (Carling) Cup: Winners // FA (Charity) Community Shield: Winners
Records: First British Team To Win FIFA Club World Cup, New Record for No. Of Consecutive Clean Sheets In Premier League, New English & British League Records for Minutes Without Conceding, New Record For Going Undeafeated In Champions League (25 games ongoing), First British Team To Beat FC Porto In Portugal, First Club To Defeat Arsenal At The Emirates In European Competition, First Team In English League Football History To Win 3 Titles Back To Back On Two Seperate Ocassions

I got a PS1, then I got a PS2, then I got an N64, in that order. I had to go back for all the great stuff on N64. Now it likes I'll be going back for Dreamcast. Gotta cover as many bases as you can. :)

Nintendo 64. No exceptions.

God those games were amazing.

Around the Network

Nintendo 64 all the way. Easily the best part of my childhood. SM64, Goldeneye, Banjo & Kazooie, Dk64, MK64, and soo many more that set the path for me as a gamer. My favourite console by far.

Saturn, of course!!!!
I used to borrow my friend's PS1 or N64 from time to time, though. They were very good too, but at the time I couldn't afford two consoles, let alone three.
The Saturn was hands down my favorite, though.

I went for the 64 mostly because I was coming off the SNES at the time(and was in the throes of Nintendo-love) and ended up going the PC route for FFVII so I didn't miss out.

The only teeth strong enough to eat other teeth.

The only problem with the N64 was it used cartridges which are more expensive to manufacture than cds and don't have as much storage space. If it used CD's I think it would have sold quite a few more units.

www.tranmererovers.co.uk

Currently playing: Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks and Red Steel.

Wii Friend Codes:

Smash Bros Brawl- 5284 2865 3565

Mario Kart Wii- 0216 0932 4306

Mario Strikers Charged- 034471 707985

Send me a message if you have added me.

I first had a 3DO (and loved it). Then got a PS1 for FF. Never owned a N64 (or Gamecube). I skipped those two generations of Nintendo hardware.