By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Take-Two releases updated sales numbers for GTA V, RDR2, and NBA 2K19 in financial report, shares drop 3% but gain back ground in after hours trading

vivster said:
COKTOE said:

Given the tepid reception of the online portion of the game, I'd bet you a coke that the $$$ sales of the game still outstrips the MT $$$. If such data were available.

I was more talking across all of their games.

Well GTA also sells because in the past or still in the present they sold GTA + an amount of in game money that sometimes was cheaper than buying the in game money on it's own.

Around the Network

GTA V will reach 150 million with its Switch port

I imagine they'll be holding off for an eventual PC port of RDR 2, ofc another 2 more years after a next gen port, because more triple dippers (greedy as per usual). Though I'm not so sure it will happen, because if they were even to bother releasing a very late port, it would go against T2's word of "X games work only on specific platforms", like the poor reasoning they gave with Xcom, despite that being on PC first and it being ported to consoles later, GTA V being ported to PC later, yet RDR2 somehow doesn't make sense to port over. That is beyond me.

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Online of RDR2 sucks, players are stuck in GTA5 online which is much better.

I keep hoping for a breakdown of sales by platform. Alas, it will never come.

Around the Network
Barozi said:
Definitely a bit overshipped. Next quarter will be more interesting in that regard.
With a next gen port and maybe a PC release it shouldn't have any trouble getting to 50m.

Depends when GTA6 comes out. I imagine it would take the wind out of RDR2 sales. 

shikamaru317 said:
linkink said:

Depends when GTA6 comes out. I imagine it would take the wind out of RDR2 sales. 

Reliable Rockstar leakers have indicated that GTA 6 won't come until around 2023. Supposedly Bully 2 is their next game, with a possible release in 2020 or 2021.

If that true, they can differently get to 50 million easy if they have a next gen version with 60fps gameplay/upgraded graphics,  fixes to most of the gripes with the game, with of course added content.