By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Japanese company with the best West-style games

Ka-pi96 said:
AbbathTheGrim said:

Yes, but those games are made by Eidos.

It can be gameplay styles or design made by and popularized by Western devs.

But also settings and culture from the West. I am talking about Japanese devs who make it so that we are amazed at how well they understand the Western culture they are depicting in their games. Use of slang, sense of humor, etc.

Those kind of things aren't anything to do with the dev though. It all depends on how good the localisation team is rather than the actual dev team.

Well, the Japanese dev team hired them to do the job didn't they? :P

twintail said:

Your first comment is not the same as your second. 

The latter is Western-style, because its a game that mimics the Western way of making a game. But that doesn't make the former statement defined as Western style because Western style games are not always centred on Westernism and Western iconography, and mannerisms, etc. 

A Western-style game can be about Asia, such as Ghost of Tsushima which follows Western conventions for making a game (presumably). 

I understand what you are arguing and I agree. But the situation is that my thread is for all those arguments people here can bring about a Japanese game having "Western" influence, that is why my "first comment is not the same as my second" because you can talk about both Western influences in Japanese games in this thread.

Feel free to argue about your game having Western influences in here and feel free to make your case on how said game and Japanese dev qualify in the topic.

Nintendo is selling their IPs to Microsoft and this is true because:

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=221391&page=1