85 to 89 22 23.91%

80 to 84 25 27.17%

75 to 79 14 15.22%

70 to 74 21 22.83%

65 to 69 3 3.26%

65 or lower 1 1.09%

Total:92
colafitte said:

I understand that this game doesn't revolutionize the genre nor bring production values to the next level, but when i hear some critizised points about the game, all of them except frame rate/bugs problems can be said to a lot of other open world games, specifically a game like RDR2. RDR 2 had awful combat, mediocre mission design, useless economy system, broken bounty system, irregular story, empty open world (you only do something if there is some ? pointing in the map), .... and that game received a freaking 97 on metacritic.....I'm still pissed of by that. The double standars in the press are something that i can't accept anymore. If Days Gone is nitpicked for everything and it gets a 75 on metacritic, RDR 2 should had been a 80 game at most too. The Evil within 2, a game that received a 75 on metacritic was a game unfairly rated by the press too and it was ono of the best game in the genre ever. I don't know if there is some bias about the zombie genre or what.

In the end, people can see a lot of videos of the game and playthroughs, and there's a lot of people playing with it. If you want to base your opinion in getting the game or not, base it on people that you trust, because the press is becoming worthless and unreliable.

I absolutely agree with you, Metacritic/opencritic is not a good way to determine if you would like a game or not, find reviewer you can trust but why are you only criticising traditional games media?

I don't trust most traditional games magazines because their reviews are often intransparent, clickbaity, over hyping and badly written but suprise, suprise so are most youtube videos the difference is that YouTube videos where you see the reviewer often create this false authenticity that a written text can not produce.

I personally have roughly two handful of reviewers I trust because I follow them for a long time and know what their preferences are and if they match mine. Among them are traditional gaming magazines, youtubers and podcasts.

Around the Network

I don't care about metacritic numbers I have a couple specific reviewers who have similar tastes as mine, Jim Sterling said it was fine a good game some issues. Gameranx thought it was fine. They didn't re invent anything but they created a good game

MrWayne said:

I absolutely agree with you, Metacritic/opencritic is not a good way to determine if you would like a game or not, find reviewer you can trust but why are you only criticising traditional games media?

I don't trust most traditional games magazines because their reviews are often intransparent, clickbaity, over hyping and badly written but suprise, suprise so are most youtube videos the difference is that YouTube videos where you see the reviewer often create this false authenticity that a written text can not produce.

I personally have roughly two handful of reviewers I trust because I follow them for a long time and know what their preferences are and if they match mine. Among them are traditional gaming magazines, youtubers and podcasts.

Well, i was referring to a reviewer you trust, yes, but also friends that you value their opinion that could have played the game. I was not referring to youtubers either because they can be as unreliable. When i said you should watch videos of gameplays, is that if you watch a gameplay of 20, 30, 60 mins of the game, you can have a better impression than the one from the gaming press. Most of most famous gaming press reviews are too short, too vague, and recently too biased for some things. For example, if i could have saw gameplays of RDR 2 of 1-2h of the game i would had notice all the problems i experienced when i played for myself.

The problem, for my part, is the importance we give to a number shown in metacritic. I understand is the easiest way to try to undestand if a game is good or not, but we end being victims of that, and probably end giving too much attention to games we don't like and passing games that maybe are perfect for you. Gran Turismo Sport was a 75 on metacritic and Tetris Effect had a 89 on metacritic and i will NEVER, EVER, NEVER prefer a Tetris game over a Gran Turismo game. Gran Turismo Sport was critizised by people that not understand sim competitive racing and did not understand that the game was not meant for them, but they didn't care, but i do. And every year reviews gave NBA 2k games a great score, and as a fan of NBA and basketball, i can't understand how they don't see all the problems the gameplay still has each year...and it's probably because they don't care as much as me.

When a game like Days Gone is obviously rated down because doen't fit the interest of the reviewer, that's unprofessional (like it seems happened to that Gamespot reviewer). You can't rate down a game because you consider it "generic" or is not the game you wanted to be. Reviews have to be more than personal opinion or bias. You have to explain in detail why a game is good or not, or what a game does well and what not. You have to be consistent so your opinion have weight and respect, and most gaming site reviewers just doesn't have it for me.

Last edited by colafitte - on 28 April 2019

I have no interest in playing it but I’m really enjoying watching my son play. The game is very cool and the only thing I universally dislike about it is the zombies. I feel like if they kept that aspect out of it and made it more of an open world survival game with the main being hunted by some demented backwoods gang it would’ve fared better with critics.

PC GAMING: BEST GAMES. WORST CONTROLS

A mouse & keyboard are made for sending email and typing internet badassery. Not for playing video games!!!

John2290 said:
In a time where Mortal Kombat gets an 86 with very little critique of its bollachs of a progression system and this game gets a 72. What bonkers world are we living in, I'm so sick of games media. Shit needs an overhaul with new blood in the mix..

What a time to be alive. 

We really do live in a society ....

Around the Network

According to Benji:

So, if Days Gone is going to sell 1st week similar to MK11 on PS4 and better than the XBO version, and MK11 was the best launch ever for the franchise, MK 11 PS4 perfectly can be around 600k units sold in USA (Mortal Kombat X PS4 sold 450k and XBO 300k in USA 1st week according to VGC). If Days Gone is similar and let's say in EU does the same thing (because EU market usually is the same or even better than US sales), another 100k in JP, and another 300K in the rest of the world.....Days Gone can be around 1'5-2'0M sold during its first week worldwide. 

It seems Sony has another succesful IP on their hands...

Last edited by colafitte - on 28 April 2019

John2290 said:
In a time where Mortal Kombat gets an 86 with very little critique of its bollachs of a progression system and this game gets a 72. What bonkers world are we living in, I'm so sick of games media. Shit needs an overhaul with new blood in the mix..

How many different ways are you going to say the exact same thing in this thread. I think everyone gets what your trying too say man, no need to spam the thread.

Bristow9091 said:
colafitte said:

According to Benji:

So, if Days Gone is going to sell 1st week similar to MK11 on PS4 and better than the XBO version, and MK11 was the best launch ever for the franchise, MK 11 PS4 perfectly can be around 600k units sold in USA (Mortal Kombat X PS4 sold 450k and XBO 300k in USA 1st week according to VGC). If Days Gone is similar and let's say in EU does the same thing (because EU market usually is the same or even better than US sales), another 100k in JP, and another 300K in the rest of the world.....Days Gone can be around 1'5-2'0M sold during its first week worldwide. 

It seems Sony has another succesful IP on their hands...

I hope this ends up being the case, Bend deserve some success, for their first AAA home console game in a LONG time it's very ambitious, and I don't think I've seen many reviews mention that... instead they're just saying "It's not as good as their other first party games" as if they're comparable, you've got like 120 or so people making this vs. 400+ in their other studios lol. 

Yeah, there's room for B tier games. It's like if Marvel only did Avenger films and there were not the Thor Ragnarok or Dr Strange tier films. If GOW is a 10/10 game, Spiderman is a 9/10 game, Days Gone can exist perfectly if it's a 7/10 or 8/10 game too...

By the way, and off topic, if MK11 PS4 is around 600K and XBO version, lets's say 400K, plus Switch version adding let's say 100k, we are seeing a powerful launch of MK 11 in USA with more than 1M 1st week. Let's add almost another million worldwide and MK 11 should be around 2M worldwide 1st week too.

John2290 said:

Idk, MK11 is getting a lot of praise for the abundance of characters, variety of unlockable characters, alternate versions of characters, the incredibly in depth tutorial, good netcode, and deep fighting system. 

How is the Days Gone netcode? Is the higher level fighting system as deep as MK11? How are it’s unlockable characters and cast of classic fighters as opposed to MK11?

John2290 said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Idk, MK11 is getting a lot of praise for the abundance of characters, variety of unlockable characters, alternate versions of characters, the incredibly in depth tutorial, good netcode, and deep fighting system. 

How is the Days Gone netcode? Is the higher level fighting system as deep as MK11? How are it’s unlockable characters and cast of classic fighters as opposed to MK11?

Touched thw nail right on the head there, MK11 is not a new IP and has fans to back it, thus it gets a strong score by default. 

Yes, just like GT Sport. Oh wait..

It got a lower score than MK11 as well. I guess GT Sport just doesn't have as many quality fighters to choose from, or as good of a high level fighting system.