By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - GPD going to switch for joys

Leynos said:

Nintendo was doing DLC before Sony even got into making consoles. Famicom had it with the modem and Famicom Disc system. SNES had it for the BS games. (hell they were also streaming games way before Onlive or Stadia) Mario Paint 64  on N64 DD had DLC. The Famicom Titler had a capture ability for video.

Nintendo were the first ones to ever make and coin the term DLC?, if not then they've copied someone else for the wrong reason. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Around the Network

I'm interested to see if an emulator machine that follows the Switch's plug and play system appears out there. It won't replace the Switch for me, since I already have my PC for all the emulation I need, but it would be interesting regardless. A tablet powerful enough to emulate last gen is an interesting proposition.

You know it deserves the GOTY.

Come join The 2018 Obscure Game Monthly Review Thread.

Chazore said:
Leynos said:

Nintendo was doing DLC before Sony even got into making consoles. Famicom had it with the modem and Famicom Disc system. SNES had it for the BS games. (hell they were also streaming games way before Onlive or Stadia) Mario Paint 64  on N64 DD had DLC. The Famicom Titler had a capture ability for video.

Nintendo were the first ones to ever make and coin the term DLC?, if not then they've copied someone else for the wrong reason. 

DLC is not a "coined term" it just short for downloadable content. But keep moving those goalposts for your agenda. Pretty sure people have been shortening terms to letters for ages.

Bite my shiny metal cockpit!

Leynos said:

DLC is not a "coined term" it just short for downloadable content. But keep moving those goalposts for your agenda. Pretty sure people have been shortening terms to letters for ages.

See now we're arguing semantics. I wouldn't think I would have an "agenda" against Nintendo, because I know they are far from benevolent and perfect. No, someone makes up the term in order to coin it, that's how it works. 

Step right up come on in, feel the buzz in your veins, I'm like an chemical electrical right into your brain and I'm the one who killed the Radio, soon you'll all see

So pay up motherfuckers you belong to "V"

Chazore said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:
As usual, when Nintendo is successful, everyone is copying them to death.

And then there's those times where Nintendo copies everyone else, but for the worst reasons (DLC, season passes, charging for online, charging for storage space, joycon drift issues and ignoring them for ages, creating artificial demand, poor online, slapping Roms in and calling it a day etc).

LOL someone still believed that. 

Around the Network
Bofferbrauer2 said:
As usual, when Nintendo is successful, everyone is copying them to death.

Nintendo wasnt the first to sell a tablet with detactable controllers.
The red colour choice is very likely a result of copying nintendo though.