By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Capcom teasing "RESIDENT EVIL 3"

Hot off of the heels of the Resident Evil 2 remake, Capcom appears to be tasking another Resident Evil title. This time, it appears Resident Evil 3: Nemesis is its primary focus, with images connected to the game appearing on social media sites like Facebook and Twitter.

Capcom’s first Resident Evil 3 tease appeared on April 15, 2019. It began with a screenshot showing Jill in the Resident Evil remake. It asked, “Ever feel like somebody’s watching you…?” This is a reference to Resident Evil 3: Nemesis, which has Jill stalked by Nemesis, who she frequently encounters throughout the game.

Read more at https://www.siliconera.com/2019/04/16/capcom-appears-to-be-teasing-something-related-to-resident-evil-3/#fDHhcFxzrIY3k3Ii.99

Around the Network

A little early isn't, unless they are actually further along than we ever expected

It's been obviously on their agenda since REmake 2 was finishing up I have a feeling Capcom will be doing quite a few remakes over the next few years.

With the success of the RE2 remake, it’s a given they were going to do at least RE3 as well.

Hopefully that's the case. I was blown away by what they did with RE2R, specially because I didn't play the original. Can't wait to see a remake of 3.

Around the Network

Kind of early in my opinion, and I would rather see RE 8 come out first, but its good news nevertheless.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Hiku said:
melbye said:
A little early isn't, unless they are actually further along than we ever expected
John2290 said:
Seems way too early. Hope they aren't coming down with a case of the Squarenixitus.

They announced Resident Evil 2 Remake in August 2015. It released almost 4 years later.

I prefer knowing when games are in development than not knowing, so I hope they announced it as soon as possible.

I don't really like when a game is announced and then go silent for years, like what happened with RE2 Remake

Hiku said:
melbye said:

I don't really like when a game is announced and then go silent for years, like what happened with RE2 Remake

You'd rather not know that the game is in development?
So you'll spend time hoping that the game is in development instead? Why?

If they can announce a game and update us on the status of the game then sure, but RE2 was announced as you mentioned in August 2015 and we didn't hear about it again until E3 2018. I'd rather not wonder if the game is still in development or not, that is in my opinion the worst.

It seems the leak about RE3R arriving earlier than people expect was correct.

Hunting Season is done...

I like the idea of Resident Evil remakes, but without getting too much into specifics, it would suck if Capcom put too many resources behind remaking all their franchises, like a lot of people are hoping for or speculating.