By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Let's hope Nintendo asks it's exclusive indie game developers to port on xbox since Microsoft is letting it's exclusive indie dev games on Switch

RaptorChrist said:
I have Cuphead on Steam. I don't like it being called an Xbox exclusive. That grosses me out and makes me sick to my stomach. I also have Ori on Steam. And Castle Crashers on PS3. And Turok was on N64.

You have a very strange way at looking at things. MS full published Cuphead hence they have the rights to the game and Ori is a MS IP. I recommend you not playing games that MS have a hand in, like Ori Will of the Wisps or Halo MCC etc. Because its under the Xbox banner regardless if it releases on Steam. You basically sound like this, You want to eat a Mcdonald's Cheese burger but don't want to buy it from Mcdonalds.

I do agree with Castle Crashers and Turok since MS had no part in those games. 

Around the Network

Turok was on N64 before X1, so not X1 exclusive...like at all.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-5643-2927-1984

Animal Crossing NH Dream Address: DA-1078-9916-3261

dx11332sega said:

So far xbox exclusives that gone to Switch

-turok 1 and 2 

-yet another zombie defence

-castle crashers remake

-cuphead

-ori(presumbly) 

theres still more xbox exclusives not on Switch

From switch to xbox so far

-Killer queen black

games I want on xbox 

-Golf story

-fast rmx

-cave story 

etc hope these devs can do the same

This is your 2nd thread on this and this is even worse. An indie keeping a game exclusive to one platform has nothing to do with MS or Nintendo unless they are directly involved in said exclusivity. 

And again, just because MS decided to bring Cuphead to Switch, why does that mean Nintendo must port one of their indie published games?

As far as I know Nintendo already pushed indie devs to go multiplatform before MS did, Runbow was meant to be a Wii U exclusive but Nintendo stressed to the devs the importance of gaining those extra sales in order to stabilize their studio for future projects, the same happened for numerous other titles and still happens now despite Nintendo moving on to a successful platform

Azzanation said:

.... MS gave Switch Minecraft and Cuphead and possibly more to come.

MS is putting their games on Switch because it makes good business sense, not because they want to do Nintendo a favor.  With that said, I'd say that it truly is important for Switch to get Minecraft content (the same holds true for PS, but maybe to a lesser extent due to the different demographics of PS4 gamers).  That game is still hugely popular with kids, who are part of Nintendo's target market.  So, the ability to play Minecraft there probably does get more kids lobbying mom and dad to buy them a Switch.  It also keeps Minecraft off of the TV or PC, which is appealing in many family situations.  

Around the Network

I hope so: I just want what's best for the indie game and more platforms means more potential sales.

RolStoppable said:
People have to realize that there's no partnership between console manufacturers. Nintendo and Microsoft isn't really any different than Nintendo and Ubisoft or Nintendo and Square-Enix, so Microsoft's role is the one of a third party publisher for a Nintendo console.

Except their headquarters in WA are pretty much across the street from each other. I don't think it's unlikely they get together from time to time and collaborate on things.

dx11332sega said:
Nautilus said:
....Why?

Not to mention that most of the indies that can only be found on Switch are exclusives to the Switch because of the devs themselves and not because of Nintendo.

Xbox One is no threat to switch if these games get ported to xbox one ? Xbox one sales wont suddenly outsell switch . no harm to porting to xbox one not bad or hurtful to nintendo platform.

Then go ahead and pay up for the porting process.

Thats what you dont get.MS is porting Cuphead over because he is going to get alot of money out of this and because they are exiting the console race and becoming a third party.

Nintendo has nothing to gain to pay for indie to port over games.And the indies themselves must want to port over.If they are not on the XOne by now, its simply because they think its not worth it.This has nothing to do with Nintendo.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

NIntendo owes MS nothing. MS is a 3rd party publisher/developer now. They don't care about keeping games exclusive to Xbox. They care about how many XBL subs they have, and how many copies of a game they sell.

Nautilus said:
dx11332sega said:

Xbox One is no threat to switch if these games get ported to xbox one ? Xbox one sales wont suddenly outsell switch . no harm to porting to xbox one not bad or hurtful to nintendo platform.

Then go ahead and pay up for the porting process.

Thats what you dont get.MS is porting Cuphead over because he is going to get alot of money out of this and because they are exiting the console race and becoming a third party.

Nintendo has nothing to gain to pay for indie to port over games.And the indies themselves must want to port over.If they are not on the XOne by now, its simply because they think its not worth it.This has nothing to do with Nintendo.

You work for Microsoft ? you know they'll leave consoles and go 3rd party? I didn't know you worked there is this Microsoft plan ? If not your just assuming microsoft is leaving because there releasing there games on nintendo? Your're so mean to make a comment about console maker leaving the console space 

Last edited by dx11332sega - on 26 March 2019

Cute and honest Sega Saturn fan, also noone should buy Sega grrrr, Sega for life.