By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - Trading in Games

Do you guys trade in your games?

My friend's philosophy is that once you play through and finish a game, its of 0 value to you now, so you might as well trade it in to get a discount on the new games for the month. 

My philosophy is you don't trade anything in, EVER. I like the idea of building a library and visiting some old games after a while. 

Do you trade in your games for discounts? Do you keep them? Do you buy used? Or do you only buy new? 

Around the Network

Lets see. I used to trade in for discounts, but not anymore. I have kept the majority of PS2 games i have bought, and re-purchased some of the ones I had sold. I have kept all of my handheld games. I always buy new when it comes to handhelds. I buy used alot for the consoles, unless I find it on sale/amazon at a reasonable price. I am more sensible to the $30-35 price tag. There are certain times I will pay full price for a new console game, but they are few, compared to large number of purchases I have made.

I only keep the games I like the most.

Unfortunately I can't seem to let go of even crappy games. I always buy new, and to this day have not traded one back in although I was close to trading Jade Empire in once, but for some reason couldn't go through with it. Then again I can name a lot of nostalgic value in most games I play, even Jade Empire.

Never. I buy only brand new sealed games and I don't sell anything. Piracy is a real problem for PSP so I support devs who provide stuff I like. Buying used games sucks. It's like piracy - devs have nothing from such deal. I'm never disappointed because I always know what I pay for.

Around the Network

I kinda agree with you. I never trade anything in myself as i love to build my collection but i benefit from others who trade in games so im all for it. i buy games often for 2/$10 from pawn shops and found some amazing deals. Metroid Prime/ Fable for $10. Halo 2 Collectors tin/Beyond Good & Evil (GC) for $10 etc. Also some companies that i have lost all faith in (such as Square-Enix) I can still add their games to my collection buying them second hand without them getting any profit directly from me (not a huge deal but it makes me smile when i find FFXII for $10).

i occasionaly trade in... only when the game im trading in sucked or i didnt like it, and only if i dont ahve enough money to spend the full 40 quid

F*** ! This signature is sick !